HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 MAR 2024 01:15  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
<<   1 2 3 4        
AuthorTopic : New Ranking System!
Heat
Joined 16/10/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 13:09

Though it was a fun way to play, I "asume" that Req wanted to make the game easier for new players to get into.

In the old system, you also very rarely saw any top line troops untill near the end of a long campaign, and never saw them in duels; since swarming with lower ranking troops with advanced weapons and defence techs, made even attempting to use them just a waste of money.

This system allows us to utilize our resources more effectivly, and to switch between troop production types alot easier; makeing a more dynamic game experiance.

Again, I just asume this, but it makes sence to me

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 17:33

That was one reason Heat.

The other thing with the old resource system was that it was all the same. You needed all 3 resources equally, so it made no difference in strategy. You had to collect all 3 to buy stuff. Whats the point?

Plus, at the time, WoK was going to use a single resource for each Faction, and choosing 2 factions meant you had 2 resources to manage based on land captured, plus gold.
So Tribute was used here to bridge the gap.
As it turns out, technical limitations prevented me from using that model.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 17:43

well, I personally think it would be cool to have to collect the other resources for some reason. Maybe you need wood for buildings, ore for weapons upgrades, gems for defense upgrades, etc.

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 20:00

my wol hot dog stand only accepts gold... for everything else...theres mastercard!

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Thursday, 29 October 2009 - 15:51

yes I think it's much easier to play with 1 resource only. But if you invented tribute let's give real meaning to it, not a forced one.

Selling tribute also gives a meaning to all market techs.

I know, the worst scenario possible is, the enemy is attacking, I sell(or he sells) all tributes, buy troops and overhelm his troops. But you can prevent that in many ways. For instance:

- you are allowed to sell a limited quantity of tribute/turn or
- the more you sell the more taxes applied on sales you pay for or
- you can sell the tribute this turn and get the money next turn(like the building system), this way the opponent will know what are going to do.
- or any combination of these 3
- etc

there are many ways to prevent abusing this feature.

Last Edited : Thursday, 29 October 2009 - 15:52

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Friday, 25 December 2009 - 12:19

I agree that certainly for duels experience should count for more than tribute. I also agree with laur that the tribute you should be used in another way.

<<   1 2 3 4        
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.146973 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap