HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.4 MAY 2024 03:23  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Bug Reports
AuthorTopic : Capture Defend Radius? (closed)
Heat
Joined 16/10/2007

Posted : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 13:09

I'm sure some will say this should go in question or tactics; but since this actually changes with no notice what-so-ever I'm posting in Bugs.

The capture/defend radius on resources and buildings used to be 3 hex from the resources/buildings (0,0) coord for capture, and 5 for repair.

(the 0,0 coord being the hex you built the building with)

In a few recent duels, I noticed that the actuall defence radius was 5 hex from the buildings/resources (0,1) coord, or the left hex on a 4 hex target.

Now, in one of those same duels, I noticed this has changed.... again.

I'm under the belief now that the rules change depending on weather or not the target is neutral or owned by a player...

So instead of takeing another 2 loosses to figure this out, can someone clarify this for me or decide weather or not it's a bug?

motrok
Joined 1/04/2009

Posted : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 18:13

waronline.net/forums/posts.asp?m=15285

Requiem Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 01:27

ALSO, you cannot build when an enemy army is within 6 spaces (not 3). So you cant build when an enemy is already upon you.

Sorry, there couldnt be a warning, especially here where a warning would just mean some players would quickly build lots of cheap barracks so that when the change did go through, it would be free Gold. That would be even worse than the current sudden change.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 20:43

motrok - building, repairing, and taking over all have different rules. I'm confused myself.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 21:27

Here's your assignment, you two, Heat and Disturbedyang (or any two players, really):

Start a duel that is not ranked. Communicate between yourselves and try out every possible condition for this topic and then report back.

Thank you,
Mog The Lazy

Heat
Joined 16/10/2007

Posted : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 21:32

OK; Mog and I did his suggestion and played around in an unranked duel to help me get a grip on this.

The capture radius is the same as the build radius with the exception;

that you can not build the building if any part of it is within 5 hex of the enemy, where you can still capture with any hex is outside of the 5 hex radius.

Last Edited : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 23:35

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 20 September 2009 - 23:18

In other words, if one or more hexes of a building are not guarded by having an enemy within 5 hexes of them one can take over that building.

The whole building isn't the issue, it is the independent hexes it is located on that are the trigger.

Last Edited : Monday, 21 September 2009 - 19:39

Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.161133 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap