HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 MAR 2024 17:29  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Clan Discussions
<<   1 2 3   >>
AuthorTopic : hard core challenge
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 01:29

I'm that lame guy, I guess, but you are right, it is hard to be on at all times. Having games where most turns are delegated to a single player isn't fair. Where is the compromise? Any suggestions?

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 01:43

for missing players I preffer to find a replecement instead of ending the game at turn 10. And I don't mind if the oponents do the same.
And if you reffer to the last clan war, you should know that 3-4 of us have made msn conferences almost each day for about 20 days almost the same hour...that was a huge effort from all of us...

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 01:56

@ Simon, same rules for me as everyone else
@ Laur, it takes 5 minutes to play your game ...if your away for 2 turns then you are AWOL for 2 turns, if you are not there how can you fight? there are 24 hrs in a day if you cant get to a computer in a 24 hour period then your not trying hard enough for your team.
@ Mog, I totally agree with Req.
playing someone elses game that the said person has an intrest in is using a double account whichever way that you wish to intreprut it and getting another to do it under a third party instruction gets even more messy.
If your awol BAD LUCK
Now you all can stone me to death

Last Edited : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 01:59

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 02:07

yes, where I go in the mountains there is no pc around for about 48 hours, and if it would be one I would not use it cause I'm there for other purposes.

second, for me a game last 10 minutes only the first 5 turns, then it starts to take 1-2h, cause I like to treat it seriosly, which means sending messages, making pictures, making plans, chating...and then playing.

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 02:17

So HC is the only clan that put a team of 5 players together that can play daily for 2 months ...more like 6 weeks really from past experiences.
Really what are the alternatives....allow multi players.
count me out if thats the case

Last Edited : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 02:19

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 02:27

as I said, there will be no clan war following that rule...

what if we agree, in case of missing, to de declare on the clan war topic something like "I'll miss for 2 days, x will take my turns"? So it will be no dark side on this matter....

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 02:35

I will agree to what you are saying but this must be a 2 day maximum and not done on a regular basis by any player

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 02:42

ok...we have an agreement then. Let the game begin...

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 22:27

Sorry to interrupt, but haven't the new team/ clan changes helped erradicate (some of) the advantages that used to accrue to a single player moving multiple accounts (i.e. avoidance of ZoC etc).

Now teammates can quite happily put their troops in the way of each other as there is no movement restriction on the other team members....

While I don't use surrogates (and have suffered for it at times) I agree that ven with the best will in the world you cant be there for a whole camp and I do not see team mates taking over (for a limited period) as a problem.

The only issue with it is if a weak team member who's getting pummeled hands over to a strong member to "fix" the situation - but limiting the substitution time allowed should stop that bit like a "blood bin" replacement in rugby / football (soccer to those of you from the US of A)!

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 23:31

No. Its Football for us US'rs.
Soccers for sissys

A notice of intent and duration of surragate control posted for all players is a wise and sufficient compromise. Clan leaders can decide for their own clans whats acceptable. And when in doubt can confer amoungst themselves. Thats why their leaders.

Hard Core!

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 05:06

Then i can get out of this game. Sorry but in 1.5 week i will be on vacation for 8 days. and i will not get online there simply because i'm celebrating a vacation.

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 06:37

Its simple dont join a game if your going on vacation......enjoy your vacation hanky

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 12:43

you heard the lady...enjoy your vacation
we are looking for the 5th player...

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 15:31

It makes it hardly possible for me to compete in any clan game then, moreover in any gam because i go on a vacation 3 times a year most of the time which means once about every 120 days. I am not able to play 2 turns a game days, which means that by Princess standards i would be best of just stop playing this game.

I wonder if i am the only player around here who would be better of quitting. Anyway when leaving out the sarcasm i mean that it is a load of crap. Everybody here is playing for fun(I guess) and winning makes this game even more fun, but i have a feeling that some people sometimes make the winning more important than the fun.

I agree that in the last game i played an unusual amount of take-overs on accounts occured, because both Hosa and Raag both went out of the games within the first ten turns and after that a lot of take-overs occured as well. (yeah Coopels even played about 12 turns when i went on vacation).
Still i feel that the game was better of with all these take-overs then without any of the take-overs.

Anyway it looks like i will not be able to compete in this clan game, and that is fine with me. But i hope this is not your optimal solution Princess, otherwise i guess i have played my last clan game.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 15:32

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 15:50

Ok here is my two cents for what its worth. (maybe 1 cent) I definitely understand not letting someone take your turn in a regular camp since they truely would be playing a multi and giving them an advantage, however...
In a clan or team game you are in constant communication with your clan/team mates and sharing screen shots of the board, maybe even puchasing and moving units under the direction of your leader. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal if someone takes your turn for a few days, especially if they have been coordinating with you anyway. Its still 5 on 5 either way. More than likely someone could have their team mate play for them and you would never know the difference. The funny thing for me is, when I go on vacation, I end up playing more often than when I'm not on vacation. I guess I dont' take those really good vacations with no connection to the outside world. Playing this game is a vacation for me!

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 15:54

Lothar, in a regular campaign i only allow players to play for me who are not involved in that game already, so that doesn't really make them a multi. In fact, most of the time it is not good for my game to let other people play my turns in a regular campaign because they weren't there from the start and have different strategies they prefer. (unless of course it is one of the top players playing my turns)

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 14 October 2009 - 16:35

hanky... no one here has to follow princess' rules... if she chooses to play by rules she makes then let her... but it should be her having trouble to find ppl who can be here 120 days straight... as for everyone else... do the same as her... post your own clans challenge with the rules you prefer to play by... there is no reason for a player like yourself, whom loves this game, to give up playing...

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 00:39

simon, this is our game, we will play by the rules we've agreed.
But for the future I'll extend this rule for 7-10 days vacation too.
hanky just wanted to point the fact that people around have a personal life, and it will be very dificult to find 5 active players within a clan who will not take a vaction during a 2 months period.

this beeing said, we will try to find the 5th player in the next couple of days, if not, then I think we should go with a 4vs4 game on the curent map and we should agree not to touch those 2 quiting castles...I think is fair enough. Or, we can start a new cammp with 8 castles.

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 01:00

I'll play with TRK - since my clan is dispersing anyway...

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 01:33

Thanks Laur, Simon is just a wanna be controll freak and now you can leave the building Simon hahahaha.
This isnt you game Simon and your input isnt needed, when your are involved in a game you can have your say ,until then butt out.
Cheers Angie

Last Edited : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 01:34

<<   1 2 3   >>
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap