HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 06:13  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
1 2   >>
AuthorTopic : i've got a suggestion
RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 07:03

how about having a free for all battle or duel tournament the winner of it gets a free membership for a week bro so what does all the players think about that

A-Dude
Joined 25/03/2004

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 13:49

yea a battle or duel tournament maybe for a sliver membership..sounds good

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 14:56

I had done one of these before but due to unforseen circumstances it never actually finished, i no longer have my card so im not sure if id have another way to supply a membership, ill speak to Requiem about it next time i catch him online

*EDIT*

Id suggest a duel one because its a lot easier for everyone to take part in due to time differences and such.

Last Edited : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 14:57

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 17:56

I think a duel tourney would be fun and a month's membership could be the prize. Who wants to organize and run it? Rules would need to be hammered out in detail beforehand. The bug giving extra points certainly needs to be fixed before it starts as well. However, the duels COULD be unranked ones, which I suggest.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 18:23

particularly the way things are atm...unranked please.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 19:20

yea i also reckon if there is a duel or battle tournament i reckon there should be no forcing of turns or there should only players that are always online in the tournament i'm pretty sure that there is away to find out who is online the most

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 19:33

Remember, only members can set up unranked duels :-\

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 21:26

All the more reason to send Req some money!

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 03:59

Id suggest more than one person to set up and run it just incase something out of the ordinary might happen

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 19:51

could a member set up an unranked game for others? if not I bet mog could!

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 04:12

yea i reckon the ones that made the game should make the rules and the ones that help improve the game should actually run the tournament members like mog and co i reckon those guys because if there is any breaking of the rules they can get those people who break the rules disqualified from the tournament and another one i reckon is that there should be a tournament tree like in rugby where there is schedule to see who is playing who and the there should be round robin games to see who advances to the quarter finals and semi finals and the big one the final.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 04:37

The problem, RR, is that duels take too long.

A four-round tournament could easily take half a year.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 04:44

well thats why i said before there should only be people that are online the most should be in the tournament

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 04:44

One way to limit the time games take might be to set them to a week, tops. Whoever is ahead wins.

Yes, a schedule tree would be made, showing the pairings for the first round.

I'll have to check and see if I can make a duel and then remove myself from it. If so, (and I can do it for campaigns, I think any member can) then I'll be happy to ghost-host as many duels as I can and as are necessary.

(After checking, I found that I can't make a duel and remove myself from it. That means you either have a member host the game or have it be ranked. One other possibility is for me to give a person who needed it a day's membership so they could make a duel unranked. I'd prefer to avoid this if possible, however... you rats need to PAY PAY PAY! )

Biodus, are you SURE that non-members can't make unranked games?

In other tournaments the strongest played the weakest first, and also there have been random pairings. Which do you think is the better way to go?

Last Edited : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 04:49

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 10:23

I'm sure non-members can't make unranked games. I've tried.

We also can't set a limit for the duels to finish since either player could easily get ahead quickly with piles and stall until the week (or whatever the time limit would be) is up.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 14:01

I don't know, Mog. Random does seem more fair, because what with all these ranking kerfuffles whose to say who ranks better? Ranking would probably be just as random. That said, throwing a duel rookie against Coopels or LOD or Renno or something would be probably a waste of time.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 16:51

non members used to be able to make an unranked game, and should be. As for setting the game limits that was always default for non members and only members could change it or set pw.

can you get that fixed mog?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 17:50

I don't think that is matter of getting fixed, Req wants to have some benefits to being a member. I do agree that anyone should be able to make an unranked game. I'll push for that when I see req next, but honestly, you may think I have more influence than I really do. Req has his own ideas and time schedules for the game and I can suggest but not demand.

I really did try hard to get him to take the bug seriously. He was more interested in other topics at that time and I wondered if he really understood that giving triple points (or taking them) was a game killer. I hope so, and I hope that he fixes this really soon.

Choirsinger
Joined 19/12/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 20:19

just an idea, but what if somehow, Req gave those abilities(and only those to unrank and set a time limit) to those non-members who are in the tournment...or if not, and they have to havea all the privleges, have them promise or swear they won't abuse them for the short while that they have them. and you can't say that i'm saying that to get myself a free membership(though that would be nice) but i'm not going to be able to participate in this tournment because of HW...i'm actually quite surprised at the time i've been able to get on this week compared to weeks previous.
but yeah, just an idea, a short, limited membership

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 22:17

Maybe this should be considered, a minimum amount of duels played to enter to insure stickaroundability. Even one should be enough.

I think Req should give unranked and time limit abilities to all players, member or not, so asking for a special set of players to get their stats tweaked is asking a lot. As an admin, I have the ability to set player's memberships. Abuse of the privilege of having a one day subscription would be frowned on, say, setting up the maximum amount of games you could while a member. But... who would do that?

Keeping players interested is important and being willing to promote the game with essentially free giveaways makes sense to me, and so far Requiem hasn't said anything negative to me about using the memberships as prizes. I'm not making anyone a lifetime member, though!

1 2   >>
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.142578 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap