HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 01:12  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : i've got a suggestion
Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Thursday, 6 November 2008 - 12:04

You could have like a 2-loss elimination until u reach a desired number and go to single-loss elimination. And that wouldn't make the tournament take too much longer b/c people could start out playing 2 seperate duels.

As for choosing pplz'z opponents, I would make a list with lowest duel rank on one end, highest on other, and semi-randomly choose opponents and just make sure noone plays 2 pplz on the really low and really high end.

-Biodus-

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Saturday, 8 November 2008 - 06:25

well i think mogs idea of a week sounds good thats the time limit i'm talking about but i reckon it shouldnt be a week because depending on how many people enter the tournament like say about 20 people enter thats 10 matchs you got going on at the same time so that means that it could take upto 10 weeks to finish the first round so only 3 days time limit 72 hours i reckon.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 8 November 2008 - 09:23

that's a great idea ruff, however I think 24 hours is plenty...if you can't play once a day you have no business in the tournament.

'if' the force turn could be set to 24 hrs instead of the 999 mins.

the tourny director could set strict guidelines...all matches start on a certain day...all players are responsible to use the force button and not drag the game out.

this way there is a set max duration when a game will end. once all games are finished the director can then set the 2nd round matches with maybe a 3 day warning for start time.

double elimination would take too long, and I think trying to match evenly according to rank would be too complicated. it's a tourny, best of the best, toss all names in a hat and start drawing otherwise we'll just be talking about it for the next 2 months.

friendly games would be extremely nice to have particularly with the current bugs, but hey it's just points, if you're not willing to risk a few then you're bound to sit on the sidelines and 'watch' all the fun!

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 8 November 2008 - 16:05

I've always been the kind of player whose been a bit "meh" about the whole ranking thing (which is why I suggest to play unranked games a lot, so there's less pressure on people who make think otherwise).

As far as I'm concerned, two things:
a) Pixel-points aren't $$$, it's a game, fellas.
b) If you're so proud of your rank to not want to wager it, then you should put your money where your mouth is, so to speak

RUFF:
If we played ten duels with a one-week time limit, it wouldn't take ten weeks to finish. It would take one week to finish. All ten duels would be played concurrently.

Biodus:
That's not how double-elimination works, mate. Playing two games per matchup's not double-elimination... so I think you might've been thinking of something but wrote something else.

I'm firmly against seeding, because how are you going to seed? Best vs worst? As of right now I think the ranking system's gone a little insane, so I doubt rank can be considered an indication. There are hundreds of random number generators on the internet. Give every player a number and let the generator spit out matches.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Sunday, 9 November 2008 - 04:58

hey dg you got to look at it other ways to bro because from what i've seen so far in this topic is that know one has talked about how many times you can force a dudes turn well i think you should only be aloud to force your enemys turn only once and that be the end of the duel that way who ever your fighting will want to have there turn unlease they only join to make up the numbers lol and a nother thing is that you shouldnt loose any ranking points in the tournament because of the prize that you get at the end of the tournament that would be fear on everyone that is dedicated themselfs to the tournament.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Sunday, 9 November 2008 - 12:35

well even 1 force turn can be devastating to one's game, and as it is now 3 forced turns ends the game. That should be fair enough, even if a player was forced he'd still have a chance to get back, but if that player just gives up then 2 more forced turns ends game.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Monday, 10 November 2008 - 17:45

well renno i was only talking about the force turns in the tournament why i reckon only one force turn in the tournament is this i've been in duels where i've waited 4 days for this dude to do his turn why i decided to wait that long was to be fear the guy but he didnt do his turn at all matter of fact i have never seen the dude back on waronline.net ever since so it was lucky that i did force his turn and i reckon people that would stuff up the whole tournament in other they most probly take the fun out of it

<<   1 2        
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.171875 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap