HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 APR 2024 02:50  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Clan Discussions
1 2   >>
AuthorTopic : A free for all and double turns?
BRAVO 872
Joined 11/10/2007

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 17:35

What does "free for all" mean?

Is a clan game a free for all?

What is a double turn?

In a clan game is a double turn dishonorable?

Is the ability to double turn a bug and against the rules?

Could everyone please answer/explain these things in as much detail as possible so we are all aware.

This question is about clan games so I posted it here, because I don't wish to confuse new players that are not use to clan events.

Last Edited : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 17:46

Corflu
Joined 22/08/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 17:42

A clan game is side A against side B. Guns, knives, and no holds barred. The rules of the game is programmed the same for both. All is fair in love and war, especially this war!

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 17:49

I agree with Corflu. The one unfair part of a clan game (and campaigns in general) is the use of the double turn, but it is available to both sides, and anything allowed in the game can be used.

As with the "old" tic-based system, the clan that logged in more frequently had a slight advantage. Many a clan games, people went without sleep for days. The new system does allow for sleep. So if all you have to watch out for is a double turn, then watch out for it. At least you don't have to be awake every two hours like the old days.

Besides, clan games aren't ranked (not supposed to be) so does it really matter? If it means that much to win, then stay up and avoid the double turn. Remember, it could be worse, you could have been playing with the old system!

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 18:10

I don`t normally get pissed with these things but... IT DOES NOT MATTER IN CLAN/UNRANKED GAMES ... B*****KS
what is the point of clans if there is no top dogs, you might as well play normal games

I joined a clan for the team game, and to have a top team is paramount, it spurs new clans like the one`s i`ve seen in the last 6 months to get together and try to beat the coc`s ect
but if the newbies find out about double play then they will not bother
WHAT`S THE POINT !!!

jano
Joined 3/01/2008

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 20:07

harold you're scaring me

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 20:14

Harold1, take it up with Requiem. He created this system and potentially unfair double turn situation. We can only deal with aftermath of his decisions. This has been discussed for months, with everyone agreeing to the fact that it is unfair. Beyond that, what can we do?

You have to give people the flexibility of moving when they have time to move. I would suggest agreeing beforehand that double turns are forbidden. But if everyone doesn't agree to that, there isn't much choice left. Then you have to live with it or stop playing camps.

BRAVO 872
Joined 11/10/2007

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 22:02

This thread is not meant to find a solution, but instead to provide information.

If you have been around long enough to play in a clan game, team game, or free for all, please let us know the situation and etiquette as you understand it.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 24 February 2008 - 22:38

I think the standard description of a Free For All game is not that of a clan game. It is a regular campaign where the usual "rules" of honor are not kept, by agreement beforehand. Anything goes, gang attacks, NAP breaking, lying, double attacks, you name it.

A clan game is two or more teams against each other. Multiple attacks are ok, ganging up is expected. Other "rules" of honor still apply, like not breaking NAPs.

Ultimately, since clan games aren't ranked (yet) the only thing you get out them is a reputation. They are fun and usually (and always should be) unranked.

I'd also like to point out that while CoC is a good clan with good players, we haven't ever beaten BoS, so please direct your envy and wrath toward them, not us!

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 00:34

brav i think bisc was providing just what u asked for and an explanation for how to deal with it.. two in one and i agree with what he says

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 01:32

I think the idea behind the invite is to make it a Fun game for everyone.

Lots of players are discuraged by the 2x attack, and what not.

Basically I think the intent was to make a: "Come join us and play, it will be fun", more than: "Burn, pillage and plunder".

My 2 cents

Last Edited : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 03:42

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 09:31

well, gueritol, I'm sure it is fun if you can play well and coordinate as a team... makes things more interesting. the 2 on 1 attacks shouldn't discourage you... see if you can hold out long enough for help to arrive. if you team works together well enough, you may be able to overcome that. I think it would be silly if a team-based game disallowed people to act as a team against an opponent. doesn't that defeat the purpose?

and I think anyone who's been around long enough to be in a clan match won't get discouraged that easily. you woulda already been chased away after being crushed normally in a regular game.

I mean I was attacked by like 3 different people in the clan-merc game but that didn't discourage me. I went and looked for a clan that I think will have good communication and teamwork skills and I'm gonna jump back into clan camps.

Crazy Li
D~S

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 09:48

Crazy Li, It's not about how many players attack me ... I expect a lot to attack me ...

It's about the system feature that allows us, due to login time and other factors, to do two attacks to our enemies, before they do one to us.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 10:50

I am in agreement with Mog here for clarification:

In a clan match or a team environment - Expect to be attacked by more than 1 player - NAP's can and are made and broken in ANY type of campaign.

As for the double attack - that is a system issue - and not a game type issue.

Jmac

Last Edited : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 15:30

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Monday, 25 February 2008 - 14:22

100% agree w/Jmacattack.

BRAVO 872
Joined 11/10/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 00:38

If on turn 27 I move after my opponent and on turn 28 I move before my opponent is that a double turn? and is that cheating?

Last Edited : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 01:20

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 00:59

nevermind... I'm not gonna give my opinion here

Last Edited : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 01:03

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 01:35

Double turn it is ... said Joda.
Cheating is not ... he said again.
Awake being is what it is ... he concluded.

zandrade24
Joined 4/05/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 02:49

i dont think "double attacks" are cheating.. if your able to make ur turn on time everytime than that means you got ur stuff togther for that camp.. your planning ahead and thats a good tactical advantage over anyone.. if the other player is missing there turns or isnt makeing them on time than thats there fault and is in no way cheating..

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 03:11

Double attacks are something no one wants to be the brunt of, but it's pretty nice to do it yourself! It's just the way the game is at present. Requiem really anguished over how to make a fair movement scheme for campaigns and nearly got rid of campaigns altogether in frustration. There are problems with multiplayer games that have a seemingly finite set of solutions. This is one of them, the tick system was another.

As has been pointed out lately, you can't get a series of double attacks. It's just something that goes with the game and shouldn't be an issue between players as to fairness, but it can certainly be an issue folks bring up and try to think of solutions to.

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 09:15

there's really no solution other than the players themselves playing with intergrity. if nobody played with the intention to purposely abuse the system, there would be no problems. and isn't against the rules of the game to exploit the system anyway?

1 2   >>
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.165039 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap