HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 11:30  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : When to move?
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 26 February 2008 - 23:57

I'm pathetic and dishonorable.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 27 February 2008 - 00:36

Well Crazy Li,
excuse me, but if this is going to be another apendage to the code of honor and you are going to look down at anyone who abuses it, I won't ever play in a campaign again until it is changed.

The code of honor only works for honorable people and I'm tired of the bad end of the stick. I looked forward to the change that would allow the "stalk and wait" tactic to be countered so that I could use it on the person who used it on me and now you want us all to play nicey, nicey.

Well I got news for you that there is too big a percentage of folks who have their own code of honor and it doesn't conform to the code that I have come to understand So I'll just stay on the side lines and remain yours truly,

Doolittle Rex.

PS:
Just for the record, I was willing to attempt once again to face up to the challenge of the new campaign system because I feel that it is fair as is to all even though I have no secret for dealing with the simultaneous attack.
Have fun bickering in the forums over it and be prepared to look down from high ranking places.

rex

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 27 February 2008 - 01:09

Rex,

this feels like talking to a brick wall because you seem to be missing what I'm saying every single time. your posts seem to argue against something that I'm not even saying in the 1st place. either you're just not listening or you don't want to listen.

either way, I don't see the point in dragging out an arguement over it. this is supposed to be a fun game and a fun community, so let's not haggle each other over this kinda stuff and don't use this as an excuse to stay away from campaigns.

what does my opinion really matter to you anyway? you're gonna stop playing camps because you think I'll look down on you for playing the way you do? who am I anyway? am I someone so important that you hafta stay away from camps just so I won't have a negative opinion of you? that's nuts! you can't let someoneespecially a person who's practically new when you've been around for yearsprevent you from having fun just because you're afraid they'll look down on you. if you wanna get yourself into a camp and think you'll have fun, you should go out and do it regardless of what I or anyone else thinks.

don't worry about my code of honor unless it's directly affecting you and since I've never played a game against you thus far, I don't think anything I've done has directly affected you.

Crazy Li
D~S

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 27 February 2008 - 01:47

Crazy Li,
there are folks who conform to codes of honor because they see no other way and I have been one of them, but where there is a will there is a way and I have a will;

and So if I attacked someone in a campaign, I would make it my business to get online as soon as I can to make a follow up attack. That's the way the game has been designed and a person who has been attacked should make it their business to get online as soon as they can to avoid being attacked again if they also have a will to have their way.

I don't study a person's logging habits ... I would play all players the same and if I make two consecutive attacks on a player, he probably should have been playing in a one turn per day game or he just isn't attentive enough to play the game well.
You are advocating the honor system in a circumstance where many others have found a way to do well because they had the desire and the will to do well because there is a way to do well.

Many of these folks are having a problem because they don't even understand yet how to do well and the game has been made more difficult to do well and there is no question of that, but to expect folks to conform to a code of honor that too great a percentage of folks disregard so that everyone can do well is doing the game a disservice imho and again for the record I wish you would drop the word "afraid" from your vocabulary because I am one of the bravest people you will ever meet.

I just don't want to have to contend with codes of honor anymore.

rex

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 27 February 2008 - 09:07

Rexie, this is the key right here: "I don't study a person's logging habits"

THIS is what seperates you from the people I view as pathetic. by this, you're saying you just take your turns when you can. I've already said I find nothing wrong with this. I just take my turns when I can. it's those who go so overboard that they check exactly when the enemy is moving just so they can make absolutely sure to get 2 consecutive attacks and then make abolutely sure to move again before that person every single time after that that bother me. it bothers me because they have the clear intent to exploit the system in a way that gives them an unfair advantage. be it slight or not (I can't tell for certain because I'm not familiar with the situation first-hand), it still sounds underhanded to me and I can understand why people are complaining about it.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 27 February 2008 - 14:43

Crazy Li,
see my response up in Suggestions because again these folks don't even seem to understand that NO unit is getting a "double turn".
It is a misnomer to say that and I can't help feeling that as long as folks keep thinking that units are getting a "double turn", they are going to keep thinking that the problem is with the game and not with the way they play it.

I repeat that the only thing I still don't like is the simultaneous move, but I had to re-word that from *fault with the game* because it is a misnomer to say that it is a *fault* ... it is a feature with which we need to adjust, either by doing our best to avoid getting caught by the event or by becoming more adept at it.
Mouse pads are available and even getting a higher speed connection might help and at least knowing which of your units should be moved first would definitely help.

In any event I'm happy that you don't view me as being "pathetic", but I still think that trying to apply the code of honor to this is like trying to ban bicycles or something because too many kids fall off of them.
It is still my opinion that there is nothing a player can do wrong concerning this and that includes learning the best time to attack or didn't George Washington attack the Hessians at the Battle of Trenton when they were counting sugar plums in their sleep on Christmas Eve.

It's not realistic and a can of worms to boot.

rex

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 27 February 2008 - 20:35

let's leave it at: I do my thing, you do yours.

Crazy Li
D~S

zandrade24
Joined 4/05/2007

Posted : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 14:14

ya whats with this hole double attack thing comeing up nowdays.. hasn't it always been like that, if you make your turns on time and your opponent is a little late , you can hit them 2ce?? ... i dont know what everyone is complainin about , ..like rex said.. i dont study peoples moove times.. haha i didnt even realize how to do that till like 2 days ago haha , i play on the same time every day so that way i can make my turn rite when it is my turn and if my opponent hadent made his yet, than thats his fault(or hers) hah .. crazy li i would love to play you one day

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 16:07

play me in what and why?

zandrade24
Joined 4/05/2007

Posted : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 16:10

play you in any one.. battle, duel, camp if i ever run into you.. and just cuz, ive never played you before.. haha but see ur name come up alot! haha

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 16:30

if you have the slot to start a duel, I'll join

Lord Dio
Joined 13/12/2006

Posted : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 18:15

U can take'em Crazy... Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn Zanny Boy... Shes good. Let me know when you have time for our battle/duel, whichever you have time for... I was in line first.

Lord Dio D~S

Last Edited : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 18:43

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 28 February 2008 - 21:32

The line is "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Quite a different proposition!

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Friday, 29 February 2008 - 03:18

Lol, don`t try arguin with TR, it doesn`t work. I have multiple pages worth of typing in the past that would attest to that It`s kinda like playing solitaire with a card missing... good practice, but u can never win

And just because I can`t help myself and take my own advice... there are extenuating circumstances for pplz that limit their possible time to play. Even if they just have time for a 1T/Day game, and they play that, they can still get pwned by the double attack strat if they are limited on when they can log in and don`t have like a 3-hr flexible chunk of time every day. Having a will doesn`t necessarily mean there is a way. Ok, yea, with enough physics and science knowledge, anything may be possible, but I`m talking reasonable sh*t here.

*_* Biodus *_*

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 29 February 2008 - 11:28

I get hit and do double hits all the time it is part of the game i really havent seen it hurt or help too much usually it is at the beginning of the game where the battles swing very wildly, i get on one time and cant get on till later the next day i get hit then i come back the next day or the day after that and im back to my old time and then i get a double hit on him, what goes around comes around

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Friday, 29 February 2008 - 17:38

Yea, it`s an element in the game... but it seems more an element of chance than one that is easier to control, which I don`t care for much in games, especially strategy ones.

*_* Biodus *_*

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Saturday, 1 March 2008 - 14:30

well it is a chance of what happens in real life if you have time or no time so that is much better than chance in the game. Some control to it but you would have to have a lot of time ot plan it out to get 2 attacks

DoctorFeudal
Joined 7/05/2005

Posted : Sunday, 16 March 2008 - 19:23

Small correction, TRex...

George Washington never fell off a bicycle.
We're talking about a guy who stood up in a rowboat
with his hands in his pockets.
He had a very low center of gravity.
It's like saying Kevin Youkalis doesn't sweat much.

I hope i caught the gist of your posts

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap