HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 23:54  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4        
AuthorTopic : The Mogerator's 20 Questions: Round 36 (closed)
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 27 January 2008 - 02:57

Did you read my explanation of what a 20 questions mineral is? Something that isn't and has never been alive. Sorry if you were mislead.

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Sunday, 27 January 2008 - 03:01

Mineral
–noun
Any of a class of substances occurring in nature, usually comprising inorganic substances, as quartz or feldspar, of definite chemical composition and usually of definite crystal structure, but sometimes also including rocks formed by these substances as well as certain natural products of organic origin, as asphalt or coal.

A naturally occurring, homogeneous inorganic solid substance having a definite chemical composition and characteristic crystalline structure, color, and hardness.

---------------------------

Napalm is made from minerals, but is not in itself a mineral.
Only under the loosest and most vague of definitions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napalm

---------------------------

Mog -- "Mineral, any non-living thing that has never been alive. A rock, water, gas."

It is strictly speaking incorrect and misleading. Also the examples you gave include states which are not minerals under any definition, and you included it with other things making the post vague and hard to translate.

Minerals can be in any state, usually a solid or liquid (mostly used to refer to solids). Rarely is a substance in a gaseous state referred to as a mineral.

A rock is also not always a mineral as a mineral refers to a single substance. You could have a sedimentary rock consisting of multiple non-blended substances making it a collection of minerals and not a mineral itself.

A Mineral is ONE substance which on its own accord occurs naturally.

Thus from page one you completely lead us all down the wrong path. Considering how close we got even with your misleading answer I would consider this a loss for the Mog.

Last Edited : Sunday, 27 January 2008 - 03:14

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 27 January 2008 - 03:06

I set forth those very loose conditions. I was asked if it was animal, vegetable or mineral, which is the most common starting point for 20 questions by custom. I know Napalm isn't what the dictionary defines as a mineral, but just for the purposes of this game I defined it that way. OK?

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Sunday, 27 January 2008 - 03:13

Finished my post.. re-read it dude. lol.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 27 January 2008 - 04:23

I give up. Closed.

<<   1 2 3 4        
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.109375 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap