HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 07:19  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Duel Strategy
Andrew Wiggin
Joined 27/01/2008

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 16:32

I'm still in my first duel...but have a couple comps under my belt.

My experience is thus:
Send scouts to the far corners before your opponent does and use commandeers to take over the close buildings and use your other start troops to capture the supplies.

Get the upgrade for every resource building you can (even if you have to use market (but sparingly))

Get ALL tributes as fast as you can. (actually decreases your costs involved by 40% per transaction...so earlier you get them the better)

Also look at your map and see what terrain you have most of...then upgrade that one first. And try staying on it as much as possible

Last Edited : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 16:36

Funker
Joined 17/08/2002

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 17:11

We have to play a duel then...

if u go like this I will come directly with my full force to ur castle coz my troops will outnumber yours and by grading up all resource buildings u won't have enough resources for the important techs or even a 3rd barracks left...

Andrew Wiggin
Joined 27/01/2008

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 18:22

if you come straight at my castle...you won't be able to compete against me for very long.

I didn't say go crazy with the upgrades...but pay attention to your surroundings and go off of that.

So far, I've been challenge by people who seem to stay close to their castle and get 3rd barracks...

Why get a third barracks if you don't have the resources to put the production straight to use?

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 18:40

If you are playing your strat well, you can build you third barrack at turn 2/3 and manage to use it with the resources you have.. rushing to both resource sides, normally isn't smart.. i would move all my troops towards one of the sides, kill your units because they are with less, with means i have a troops advantage from then on.. i would close my side with palisades or walls and go to the otherside... really it is easy to defend you tactic..

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 19:57

I always have the resources to put my 3rd barracks to use immediately... if you don't, then you're just not managing your resources properly.

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 21:04

anybody looking for a duel?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Thursday, 20 March 2008 - 21:20

Last Edited : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 00:23

Andrew Wiggin
Joined 27/01/2008

Posted : Friday, 21 March 2008 - 00:27

hehe...
then I'm glad we had this little chit chat. Cause, I don't like too rude of a surprise....and me thinks I was heading along those lines in a duel not to far off...

Again, thanks for the intel

CREST
Joined 1/06/2003

Posted : Monday, 24 March 2008 - 15:23

mines are the key to duels you can have all the wood and stone you want for selling
gold is usaly split evenly between players if there of comprable streath but mines are vital its the one resoure you always run outof

i personly like to move inforce to a enemy mine wipe out his troops around it destroy it or take it over (if i belive i can hold it)then leave befor he gets reifocements there

you will have gaind 500 or 750 metal by the time he can take it back that is most likly a attack or defence upgrade

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.142578 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap