HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 19:23  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 1 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Wow is this true!
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 19 February 2007 - 23:35

Oh, don't get me wrong. Such an attack would certainly slow me down...but I'd be slowed down by ANY significant attack, regardless of what troops I picked. However, as you said, I'm adaptable.

(1. With towers in the corners of my castle, my ranged troops can outshoot the enemy balista. The enemy then has to choose between losing their balista, or backing off. If the balista back off, I can rip up the scouts. If they stay, they lose their balista. It then becomes mace against scouts, and the mace win.

(2. My resources could quite possibly be taken over. Keep in mind that, at such early stages of the game, I'm still high on resources because of the sheer quantity of piles. The amount of resources I'll have will be enough to produce quite a few macemen and/or marksmen. However, that will eventually run out. I can simply switch my barracks back to producing scouts, which use only gold. I can then use all the macemen/marksmen I already have produced, plus the scouts.

However, I doubt any siege would last as long as it would take for my resources to run out. Even if it did, I would still be able to push back and take my resources, begin production of expert and master level troops again, and push them back to their castle.

By turn 20 or 30, I'd be good. Yes, my strategy would be dampened by being attacked so early, and it would slow me down. But I would survive, and the person who attacked me would die.

The rest of the players in the game would benefit from my being slowed down, though, so they may shower the sacrifice-ee with gifts for sacrificing themselves for the sake of all.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 21 February 2007 - 19:48

Sage ... early now is turn 5.

Turn 10 IS the norm now.

I started in turn 15 and was 5 too late.

When I was in the doors of my enemies castle ... two other players had already taken a castle over.

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 21 February 2007 - 22:45

Now would you be talking about Slow 17, gueritol?

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Thursday, 22 February 2007 - 01:45

Yea I think he would be LOL.

I had mine by turn 14

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Thursday, 22 February 2007 - 05:02

Sure ... but not only that ... it's all top level games.

Face it SAGE were old shool ... we need to shed our suits and hats, and get a mohak and a tatoo ... and start killing castles on turn 5, and not aiming to have maces and mark production at turn 5.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 22 February 2007 - 11:11

I think that's just because there's no such thing as a "high level game" anymore. Every game has noobs in it, and whichever highly skilled player lands next to the most noobs wins.

Against skilled veterans, I don't think it's possible to win with an early rush.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Thursday, 22 February 2007 - 16:12

That might be true!

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Sunday, 18 March 2007 - 21:26

Padro52 is being charged by many Scouts with Ballistae support. Wow, what does any one do in such a circumstance.

1. Retreat using the terrain to your advantage.
2. Build palisade defensive lines and blocking points.
3. Begin to upgrade your regular troops with better defensive armor.
4. Begin to upgrade your regular troops with better offensive weapons.
5. Either build many Archers or counter the attacker with Ballistae of your own.
6. Build many Macemen (Metals).
7. Build up your boundaries in stategic places with Stone Walls.
8. In the RPS scheme, build a countering force against Scouts (Cavalry), such as Pikemen.
9. Build strategically-placed towers of your own.

Well, that isn't that much--is it?

In several of the games that I have experienced, many opposing players aim at defeating you with speed, building defensive structures, like towers, to protect the tower's host asset (Archers or Ballistae), and try to coup your castle before you realize that it's a strategic maneuver, or before you can effectively concentrate your units.

If your castle cannot be couped, then your other territorial assets are at a disadvantage, assuming that you were attack with a superior opponent, and that you lost population and retreated to your castle.

And that's certainly another story.

Last Edited : Sunday, 18 March 2007 - 21:42

Padro52
Joined 10/06/2006

Posted : Monday, 19 March 2007 - 15:58

basic biggest problem in that game (long over now) was I was too spread out to counter and even though I had Big 50 Pop mace, He just ingnored it and swarmed me. (he would fill my ZOC with small Pop scouts and then move past me to my balistas, I could kill a couple but he had WAYYYY too many and I could not counter quick enough.

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 19 March 2007 - 21:09

What you needed, then, was Big 50 Pop Macemen and Big 50 Pop Cavalry with some Archer support. May be following up the RPS scheme with Pikemen.

They'd be running by now!

Last Edited : Monday, 19 March 2007 - 21:12

Padro52
Joined 10/06/2006

Posted : Monday, 19 March 2007 - 23:32

indeed he paid dearly for it the next time we meet

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 20 March 2007 - 21:59

I experienced a surge from a player in a game, where my opponent built many Scouts and Archers. The Scouts surged into my territory, nearly taking my castle. The Archers followed with Commandeers, taking resources and beginning mining operations against my castle.

Fortunately, for me that I was building Falchioniers and Pikemen. It was just enough to allow me to recoup my castle and begin taking back my resource points.

Can you see the expression on my opponent's face when I built Falchioniers in the middle of battle and start to trounce his Scouts and Commandeers?

Scouts don't like Pikemen but Archers can cause havoc to them.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 20 March 2007 - 22:01

HOSA
Joined 6/04/2003

Posted : Monday, 21 May 2007 - 17:57

Padro used the scout range tactic on me. I think my army held up quite nice. Good balance of pikes, with 8 pop mace stacks I was able to punch through. Took a bit of work, but it''s workable. Everyone tries for the bigger stacks, but I find multiple smaller stacks of pikes, squires, macemen back-up, and range, work better and cover more ground. They did a # on his scouts, but had to work their butts off. The key is good balance of armour and weapons upgrades. Good fight in our clan match Padro. I had my hands full.

Hosa D~S

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 21 May 2007 - 23:01

Yea, maces are good vrs archers cuz their def is so high, the archers do much less damage when attking them, and the player really doesn''t want to use the scout stacks to hit the maces.

*_* Biodus *_*

Padro52
Joined 10/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 22 May 2007 - 15:13

yea what really helped you was I sent a force to try and get to Pink''s castle before you guys got there, I Did but am just now killing off his last man and your team has shown up

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 22 May 2007 - 21:48

Hey, Sage, check out the 300-999 game I''m hosting...think you''re gonna get next to newb there?

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 22 May 2007 - 22:07

Gah! I can''t join! Wait...nope, my current campaign won''t finish in time.

Padro52
Joined 10/06/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 23 May 2007 - 13:59

only 40 more points and i can play with you guys Mog.

Of course in the imortal words of Mark Twain. "I will never join a club that would have such low standards as to accept one like myself as a member"

LORDofWAR
Joined 27/06/2007

Posted : Friday, 29 June 2007 - 02:13

from turn 3 start massive production of archers u will get to 300 quickly their not expensive so when u finish them u will hava had the cheance to prepare to produce squires and macemen and the third barrack to produce ballista certainly ur archers wont live to the end but they will handle lots of scouts well their cheapper and then your reeinforcements it should be enough...

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap