HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 21:47  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 1 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Needing Tips...
titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 07:33

i am in need of a few battle tips for medi battles.

one thing not to say is "dont split your army up"
i know this already but i have done this a few times and it has proven to be a good tactic in a few situations.

and other tips would be nice

Funky
Joined 28/10/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 08:30

learn your troops types...

e.g. squires only take half damage from ranged.ect

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 18:14

yes and come on more, more, more , i wanna get to level 40 and have 4 player battles .

i know about troop types, i know about rock, paper, scissors and ranged. i know who gets the advantages and disadvantages when they are fighting.

Funky
Joined 28/10/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 18:30

retal......

smack with your tiny stacks before u follow up with the big ones.

the small take all the damage the big get a free hit and stay all shiny and new

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 18:35

that sounds handy, also i know that attacking/defending from bloodstains and rubble is not a good thing to do either.

this is helping me quite a bit, tips from anyone are very welcome

thanks

Funky
Joined 28/10/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 18:38

retal......

smack with your tiny stacks before u follow up with the big ones.

the small take all the damage the big get a free hit and stay all shiny and new

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 8 May 2005 - 18:44

i odnt think you meant to post that twice there

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 10 May 2005 - 02:07

Always know what the troop of the day is before you battle. It's shown on the NEWS page. The troop of the day gets a 50% chance of doing 50% extra damage in attacks. When Heavy Cavalry are TOTD, you better think twice about that "all Knights" strategy!

www.mpogd.com
Don't lie to me! Vote!

TheLix
Joined 5/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2005 - 01:09

Positioning counts for ALOT in Battles, never let yourself get into a position where the opponent has more opportunities to hit you than you have to hit him if you can help it. On the other hand, many players will use the same spots nearly every game.. so scouting out the player's position in advance and lining up your ranged to hit him from his sides may work.

This also is a great way to beat players that camp out in a defensive position (or at least get them to abandon that position)..

Another subtle aspect of Battles that I've noticed is Initiative.. If you can keep the opponent busy reacting to your moves and trying to defend, I think you stand alot better chance at winning.. For example, if the opponent has five ballistas in the back and the main force is in the front.. Send something like 1 HC/3Falcs with a mace to flank.. This causes your opponent to think alot more, and reevaluate his position; Even if you don't really committ to the flanking manuever, but give him the impression you're going to and pull back at the last.. You still cause him to divide his attention and move his troops to brace for it.. When you cause the opponent to think more, he's more likely to make mistakes..

Hope this helps

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2005 - 07:28

Extremely unbalanced strategies have weaknesses. If you have too many power troops like HC or Knights you will be lacking in ranged or fodder.

It seems great to have 6 or 8 HC but if they don't get through the front of your opponent they will be chopped up by ranged troops before they can touch them. You will have next to no ranged to force the issue and your opponent can just sit in one place, in defense mode even, and plink away at you.

Having TOO much ranged is similar, you get to do a lot of damage for awhile but then the enemy gets through and eats them up.

Balance wins more games in the long run, although trying crazy strats is fun, too!

Sometimes you just pick wrong and there isn't much that good playing can do to fix it, just try to fight as well as you can with what you have.

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap