HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.8 MAY 2024 04:35  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Combined or Combined
Dreadme
Joined 10/02/2005

Posted : Saturday, 16 April 2005 - 22:31

I was wondering what you guys think is better, say you have 2 armies of 50, is it more sensible to attack with these armies seperate or to combine them and then attack. I am going with both of them having the same stats and facing an ennemie of between 40-60.

Ghengis Khan
Joined 24/03/2003

Posted : Saturday, 16 April 2005 - 22:39

If you are facing one unit it is better to keep them seperate. You can then trap that unit to prevent it from running and let your two units take turns with the first attack each turn. It helps to keep both units stronger.

Primarily it depends on the situation and the timing. Early in the game I will keep the units smaller, later in the game I will combine them so they hit harder and also save me some space for a stronger unit type.

Luger
Joined 4/12/2000

Posted : Monday, 18 April 2005 - 23:58

I think there are only two times it would be bad to do the two attacks with 50 armies instead of one attack with 100 armies. Either:

1. You are attacking Macemen. Their retaliation against the second attack would still be a full strength.

2. You're not playing a skirmish game and attacking a much larger force. If the retaliation is limited by max damage, your second attack could end up with a strong retaliation instead of being capped on the single attack.

At least that's my understanding...but I could be wrong.

CREST
Joined 1/06/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 19 April 2005 - 00:07

well there is a bounus for larger armys if your doing over 1k dmg you limit the damaged you take in retaliation to your stack also if you keep using that stack it becomes a super stack because of its high lvl i myselfe perfer bigger stacks mixed whith some mid sized stacks

there ar also some smaler but importent stratigeg resions a larg army has a better chance of destroying a smaller enemy stack meaning that for his attack he will most likly be standing on a blood spot to hit you reducing the damage you take and incricing your next attack on him

Finguld
Joined 29/12/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 11 May 2005 - 08:15

I usually like some shock troops. They are usually a big stack that hits first and does the most damage and limits retal. Then small stack can hit with no retal. Also if you stagger your attack hours you can keep attacking with no retal. Now about 100 being better than 50 50 that depends on the game and troop type. Like 1 100 ballista is better than 2 50s. A 100 stack of HC though maybe to much unless it is a skrimish game.

JRush14
Joined 8/09/2005

Posted : Sunday, 11 September 2005 - 21:46

I think you should attack with just one so if you get your rear-end kicked you have reserves to hold them off until you build your troops back up and you'll also know around how many troops you'll need when you're back on the offensive because you've already attacked

Last Edited : Sunday, 11 September 2005 - 22:24

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap