HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 02:14  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Strange Tactic....
jynxxx
Joined 10/08/2006

Posted : Friday, 11 August 2006 - 13:20

I've used this strategy (attacking another player when I am already losing 1 v 1).

It can be used to do 1 of 2 things. Show your opponent you have other interest in mind and do not hope to continue war with them. I only use it for this purpose if the person I am losing the war against has recently had another player invade them. The second is to put the two nations at war fighting over my land.

Played alot of diplomacy war games and I would say the largest reason I ever go to war is over disputes of land with my allies.

Zaft
Joined 13/10/2006

Posted : Friday, 13 October 2006 - 21:52

I am just a noob but in all the non war online rts games I have played(a whole LOT) if you are getting hammered by one guy but you have just enough guys to kill the other guy then common sense and survival instinct tells you to attack the other guy and try to rebuild there. It rarely works however unless there is yet another player still there to gain his attention after he thinks he's destroyed you. I have only seen it happen once and that was in Starcraft.

Maximiliano
Joined 10/02/2007

Posted : Saturday, 3 March 2007 - 14:42

Zaft, I don''t think that''s the issue that is being talked about. I think what they''re discussing is if you''re the weak guy getting hammered and then all of a sudden another guy comes in and tries to finish you off.

it''s pretty cheap to do especially in campaigns when one guy is weakening a dormant player''s troops (no empty slabs because the timeout limit was accidentally set to 720 hours.. haha). Let it be 1v1 and just use that time to amass your troops and build att/def in anticipation that the guy will go after you next.

I''m just a n00b, but I would think gangbanging would be somewhat ok if we''re talking about 2 players ranked anywhere from 9+ in a campaign, vs a 1-3 rank player. Especially if that player has more than double or triple EXP of the two weak opponents combined.

In that situation you may still lose and just hand over a lot more EXP to a stronger opponent, but at least you prolonged your demise.. haha.

At the same time, though, entering a gangbang where a 4th player will come within sight will prove dangerous as now it may turn into 2 separate 1v1 battles. Gangbanging can kill you if you can''t keep it hidden from the rest of the map and in the game news too.

Funky
Joined 28/10/2004

Posted : Sunday, 4 March 2007 - 04:51

gangbanging is frowned upon man..if you are going 2 attack a player who is curently at was with another you should b very carefull indeed.

Soljah
Joined 7/01/2006

Posted : Sunday, 4 March 2007 - 14:51

its not illegal but if word gets ouit, many people will just rush and attack you because you area a bad player, i hate gangbanging but have survived it many times. u can gangbang but make sure you have the gawls to stand up to a gangbang yourself ^_^

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Saturday, 20 June 2009 - 21:52

only bringing this up to show, 2004 same griping about gangbanging, five years later and players still want to downplay gangbanging even though its inevitability shows up on the battlefield. USE it, let players gangbang you, turtle up and have your allies attack them from the rear. develop some kind of strategy, trick them into fighting each other over splitting your resources. We can find so many better ways to deal with gangbangers then LOSING to them

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap