HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 05:11  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : the tech after you destroy the building
Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 04:40

when u destroy a certain building of an enemy(he has only one of it),will he lost the tech of that building

for instant,blacksmith is destroyed,will he be able to build walls anymore?(he already research the wall tech before this)

and the same question for marketplace,military academy and training guild

lolz...suddenly full of questions this few weeks

Kingmen
Joined 23/07/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 09:15

no they would have to build new ones.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 10:26

oh...then does that mean they`ll lose their advanced training if i destroy their military academy?
and maybe even their def tech and atk tech?
*blurred*
what about marketplace...will they lost the tech reform?

Kingmen
Joined 23/07/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 15:27

yes all true... also if there buildings r not at 100%, they don't get the full production of that building either. u know u c some with only 80% of the building is complete.

VivaChe
Joined 6/04/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 15:46

if a player loses a building he canīt do the techs of this building anymore, and canīt build if he needs the building for that.
BUT: he donīt loose his techs, so he still has advanced training for example if his military academy is destroyed. same with ALL the other techs and buildings.
as soon as he builds a new military academy he can tech up from where he stopped. (he had advanced armor -> he can do expert armor)
if a building is at 100% is only important for ressource buildings. no problems if other buildings have not 100%.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 15:49

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 18:41

aawwww....lolz..lots of answer
but i believe what viva said is right,not because he is experienced....but it does happened to me before
i`m just not that sure...
that too kinda explained why my opponent arent able to build walls anymore
seems like a great strategy...

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 9 March 2005 - 19:05

Yes, Viva IS right....losing the building only means you can't purchase any techs that requires that building, those you had already researched are not affected.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Thursday, 10 March 2005 - 01:49

and oh...one more thing
then,wouldnt it be better for me to destroy that building to get the resources to build more army if i finished research the tech belonged to the building?
for example marketplace,will it affect my trading costs and stuffs?
and training guild-doesnt seems to be of any use anymore if you didn`t want to upgrade your barrack`s army or its training rate or the movement....
so?...what do you guys think?

Rog Ironfist
Joined 8/04/2003

Posted : Thursday, 10 March 2005 - 02:43

Once you destroy your marketplace, you can NOT trade any more. Even if you upgraded all the market technologies you still need the actual market in order to trade. [e-trading has not arrived yet in WOL-land ]

Although the Training Guild is a less acute issue, with so many technologies in the game today and some which require late stage investment, there's no need to destroy the guild. Also, since you re-gain only a third of its cost, you'll be able to buy/invest a tiny sum to build more troops. Unless it's a hindrance, don't destroy it.

In general, try not to destroy technology related buildings. If you MUST destroy things in order to reclaim resources try to take down distant walls, outposts or towers which will not affect your strategy. Your technologies won't get hurt and you might be able to salvage some resources.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Thursday, 10 March 2005 - 09:41

oww...yeap,thats a great idea.
But i`m just virtually calculating the possibility of one of my tech building being destroyed,so i`m thinking is it a big risk to leave it out there in the wild...

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Friday, 11 March 2005 - 16:02

WHat is better: To DESTROY an enemy building outright... or to take it over and then REMOVE it? which gives you a better return?

VivaChe
Joined 6/04/2002

Posted : Friday, 11 March 2005 - 16:09

if you destroy it: you get experience in the campaign rankings + 1/3 the ressources of the cost of the building.

if you take it over then remove it: no experience in the rankings, but normally faster (without cats) + 1/3 the ressources of the cost of the building.

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Friday, 11 March 2005 - 16:14

OK. I always just assumes DESTRUCTION gave u a random amount. I never looked at the ammount.

Thanks Viva. Your actually the nicest and most helpful upper ranked player ive met. they rest ive talked to want to hurt me cause im a smart a$$ most of the time! ha ha!

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Friday, 11 March 2005 - 23:49

lolz...u evil crisp...:p
i didnt know we got some resources for destroying buildings
hmm...will look into it
thanks for that another information

Thore
Joined 16/09/2002

Posted : Saturday, 12 March 2005 - 14:42

ok let me see if I got this thing rite. I just lost a MA. so I built a new 1, the only tech I had left was master armor. now if didnt build a new 1, would I still have all the use of the techs I've bought from the old 1, without a new MA ? or do i need to build a new 1 4 them to work?

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 00:29

No, Thore...you wouldn't need to build the new one for the techs you already purchased to still be of use, ONLY if you wanted to research more techs that required the MA.

Kingmen
Joined 23/07/2001

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 12:24

So whats ur saying Sugarleo is...

Even though my MA was Distroyed/Taken over. All the purchases I bought n my MA r still active, even though i don't have a MA ne more?

And does this apply to a MA being taken over?

And is ur MA the only building that does this?

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 17:38

I was in a game where my blacksmith had been destroyed by cats, and until I built a new one, I could no longer train ranged in my barracks, even though they had been previously learned, trained and deployed.

Either my case was a bug, or the ability to continue to use already purchased techs doesn't apply to 'all' buildings.

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 23:10

Im evil? hee hee... Just because I like to GUT my opponent before I go for the kill? It reminds me actually of a bible story where the isrealites (sp?)---rog's gonna get mad at me for mentioning this story--- they went into their enemy's town and offered them peace and brotherhood but they HAD to get circumcised (crazy people sure like slicing their meat!) to prove their conversion in faith. The the next day when the men couldnt walk from being swollen and in pain the isrealites came back and slaughtered all the adult males and male children and then took their women to breed with. CUT 'EM 'N GUT 'EM!

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 15 March 2005 - 10:48

Train it, or learn the upgrade?

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is Đ Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.150391 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap