HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 04:50  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : the special abilities of army
Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Thursday, 3 March 2005 - 21:58

what is the rival bonus of pikemen suppose to do?
what about the extra damage of falc?
and of course the calculation if the hc attacks with the max damage?

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Saturday, 12 March 2005 - 01:51

Now that I've got a free moment...
(Yeah, I HAVE been busy that long )

Rival bonus, afaik, is an extra 50% of base damage.
Same story with falcs, except of course you only have a 50% chance of getting it in each attack.

If HC get max damage, it speaks for itself - instead of attacking with a random value in the damage range, it's the highest value instead.

All this without looking at the manual, so don't be surprised if it's a little sketchy, I'm not keen on going into IE just to have a look. But it won't be far wrong if at all.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Saturday, 12 March 2005 - 07:16

so basically pikemen should be a very strong army...
you need only build only 750 worth of damage of a pikemen to get it over 1k damage....is that right?
and that kinda too shows that falcs is not a better army compare to the pikemen

and if hc get that max damage all the time...why would req even bother to put the min damage of it?
uh...?

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 03:00

WEll, we are assuming one thing - that you match it against a troop of the horse/scissors type. If you CAN'T do that, then you won't get the RPS OR the rival bonus.

It's even less than 750...probably nearer 500 counting both bonuses. But this is a bad way to think, since as soon as that stack takes any casualties or faces a unit NOT of scissors type, you'll be back under the limit - and that stack will become a weak point in your army for the enemy to attack.

HC don't get max damgae all the time, afaik it's only for 50% of cases. All the other combats are as normal.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 13 March 2005 - 06:21

ohhh...so the rival bonus is only against horse type...got it

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap