HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 20:59  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
AuthorTopic : New Local Downloads Available (closed)
Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Tuesday, 24 July 2001 - 14:37

You can now download the large static files like Images, Map Terrains, etc to your local hard drive and have WarOnline use your local copy, speeding up gameplay!

For more info on how to do this, visit the Downloads page (under General in left menu).

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 July 2001 - 11:00

Just further to this...

Although some of you are on a Cable connection or better, thus speed is not really an issue for you, bandwidth is still a major issue for me.

This is the main reason I added this Local Downloads feature. Unfortunately, if I cant get this game to less than 2-3gb/month I will have to shut the game down while I look for a new host.

So, if you are able to use the Local Downloads (play mainly from the 1 pc), please help me out by using it.

See the Downloads page to find out how...

Thanks.

Chrispy
Joined 13/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 29 July 2001 - 08:04

Maybe you could also have it so that the map only refreshes when the actionpoints update, and it keeps all the movement orders, attacks and such in queue. It would though, make some lag time in the game. You''d have to keep all the games on diffrent turnover times though, so the turn prosseser dosen''t get to much of a lag. This would reduce bandwith load, because you would/could only have to reload the map every while or so, not every time something moves. It has its pros and cons, and, like always, its up to you.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 29 July 2001 - 11:22

well, i am already changing the map so you need to refresh less.

moving armies and attacking enemies already auto-refreshes those individual units, so a full refresh is not needed.

a big bandwidth killer is the images and all the flash files themselves. eventually all the flash files will be available for local download which would speed up play alot and save me alot of bandwidth

Wyld Chyld
Joined 16/07/2001

Posted : Thursday, 8 November 2001 - 03:10

lol
I'm just going through and reviving all the old posts.
lmao

Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap