HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 03:28  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : a build up strategy?
Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Friday, 12 November 2004 - 13:31

let say i`m war with sum1 at less than turn 10
this guy isnt getting much of his resources conquered because he was inactive for a few turns
so as i was attacking and buying as many troops as possible AFTER i spent it on tech or ugrades
do u think this is a good thing to do?
or should i spend all of it on a fresh army to continue sending my army to his territory?
i wasnt thinking to retreat a while as i still might hav a high possiblities to conquer his castle
so this two choices leave me onli the chance to get his castle early or late or nvr at all(remember the rest of the possibilities?...)

and...i was kinda curious...wat tech did u guys try to get asap?...i mean for example...u`ll get market tech at turn 30 at least....and castle protection at least turn 20 and such....of coz to make all of us the same,the resources is only those around u....not adding those of ur neighbours

oh...and refering to the above war,do ya think its a better thing if u upgrade once ur barracks(squires and pikemen)to a little bit more advanced army to continue the war?
or izit better to use the money to buy those basic troops first?

tackedlugnut
Joined 6/09/2003

Posted : Friday, 12 November 2004 - 22:33

First off, you really shouldnt be getting into any wars before turn 10. If you know what you are doing you can have your marketplace, tax reform, a 3rd barracks and advanced (if not expert) trading by turn 10.
In your current war if you are already beating him you should just finish him off since you are already involved in the conflict.
Good luck

TL

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Friday, 12 November 2004 - 22:53

lol
nope...its kinda stupid ya noe....i saw he is inactive so i sent my comm to take over his castle
suddenly he went active
........*sigh*
:p

Egregius
Joined 11/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 13 November 2004 - 07:22

Think: what will give you an advantage over him so you will beat him?

If you expect the war to last 20 turns, you might want to go long-term.
If not, pump out an extra stack to make sure you win.

Simple, no?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 13 November 2004 - 21:50

Upgrade your troops as much as possible, within economic reason. Squires are much better than swordsmen, for example. As was said to me, "Quality, not quantity."

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 14 November 2004 - 11:16

ermm...lol...i didnt noe..but as of now
even before i send all those armies tat i just spent all my money last turn buying....he`s already losing
and even b4 tat..i already upgrade one of my castle to expert melee and another to advanced
btw...i had one question
he removed the identity hex`s wall
but will it affect me if i took over it?
he`s seems to be such a loser
argh....

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 14 November 2004 - 17:38

My advice is to build a wall around the ID hex, leave it alone!

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Sunday, 14 November 2004 - 20:00

As long as you don't do anything to it AFTER you capture the castle...you should not have a problem. There is nothing he can do that will stop you from getting the full income from the castle that I know of.
Cheers,
H.

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap