HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 20:35  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2 3        
AuthorTopic : Chapter 7: defending your castle
Wimptastic
Joined 11/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 2 July 2005 - 00:50

I personaly made attempts to INTENTIONALY defend from my own castle, even made plans for "gutting" the attackers and resideing in it as they destroy themselves (more of a trick than a tactic though), and even /w/ scouts flanking will take at least 3 turns, this may be too long for some.

Finguld
Joined 29/12/2002

Posted : Sunday, 3 July 2005 - 10:09

What exactly are you talking about?

Rog Ironfist
Joined 8/04/2003

Posted : Sunday, 3 July 2005 - 10:12

"Curiosity killed the cat!" Finguld

Finguld
Joined 29/12/2002

Posted : Sunday, 3 July 2005 - 10:19

personaly made attempts to INTENTIONALY defend from my own castle, even made plans for "gutting" the attackers and resideing in it as they destroy themselves (more of a trick than a tactic though)
-interested in how you where gona gut them and exactly how they were gona destroy themselves. Are there more than 1?

, and even /w/ scouts flanking will take at least 3 turns, this may be too long for some.
-What exactly is /w/ scouts flanking? Why does it take at least 3 turns?

Wimptastic
Joined 11/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 4 July 2005 - 12:20

-What exactly is /w/ scouts flanking? Why does it take at least 3 turns?
The time it takes for a group of scouts, which is the fastest troop type in the game, it will take at least 3 turns for them to exit the "safe" side of the castle and end around to the "hostile" side to attack the besieger's flanks, useually the archers.

due to the hexagonal nature of the game the following castle design has been rotated 90 degrees:
________P___P_P
_P_P_P_P_T___T_P_P_P_P
__P_C_A_A_M_M_A_A_C___P
___P___B_B_C_____B_B___P
____P___B_B_______B_B___P
_____P___B_B_______B_B___P
______P___B_B_____C_B_B___P
_______P___C_A_A_M_M_A_A_C_P
________P_P_P_P_T___T_P_P_P_P
_______________P_P___P
P= Pallisades or walls
T= tower
B= buildings (barracks, acadamy, blacksmith, guild)
M= melee char
A= ranged units
C= Commandeers
_= filler or clear space

and the other part was again more of a feat thean a tactic of ANY practical value, but if you REALLY want to piss someone off that would be the way.

Last Edited : Monday, 4 July 2005 - 12:36

Finguld
Joined 29/12/2002

Posted : Monday, 4 July 2005 - 13:34

Wouldnt you put your commanders in the middle so that all your troops can get the bonuses. Also why not place a ranged in one of the towers that is blocked off with a melee in the other.

Wimptastic
Joined 11/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 4 July 2005 - 15:46

to put the Comms in the middle would have them too far away and the melee are NOT blocking the towers, but then also, by putting ppl in the towers they block the entrance, therfore let them attack, move archers to tower, this traps the attacking stack and then use what best deals with it.

Anyways, how would you show a tower occupied with archers with ASCII?

Last Edited : Tuesday, 5 July 2005 - 00:10

Finguld
Joined 29/12/2002

Posted : Monday, 4 July 2005 - 16:12

Having the commanders in the middle allows you to move them in range of the attacking units. Giving them all the commanders bonus.

Wimptastic
Joined 11/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 5 July 2005 - 00:15

I chose Comms because something had to be there in the event of a breakthough, but did not need to fight well, so they might as well have been comms, they could have been reinforcements, but hey, I was trying to set up a defense using "economy of force".

RedFox11
Joined 22/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 20 September 2005 - 17:16

T would use commons because u can have varityes and the more archers u have is better so u should keep stroung amount of archers i ur castle.U should Always be on gurad

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Sunday, 25 September 2005 - 20:10

sorry i cant agree with this...sacrificing comms....they cost way too much...its just bad to use em

and no i dont feel like giving a thorough explanation...i just know its a bad idea from personal experience...

Wimptastic
Joined 11/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 27 September 2005 - 00:35

I sort of stand by my OLD ideas (note time of post and join date), still, but keep in mind, I mentioned that they did no HAVE to be comms, all I noted was constructing a slit for a gate and taking advantage of ZOC to get the better of the opponent, fighting within ones castle is messy though, but shows great insight on how to assault thine enimies castle as well.

<<   1 2 3        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap