HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 23:27  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
AuthorTopic : New Population System
Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 03:20

The NEW PopSystem is now in action!

General Population no longer exists, nor does any kind of population income.

You now only have Military and Workers in your population.
Each of these have to be purchased via the Military Training page, or the Services Market page.

You still get gold for your Workers though.

The main change here is that you need to buy your troops first, and then wait the allocated time for them to train and become available before you can deploy them into new armies.

The other main thing of course is that you now have to buy your workers, instead of just waiting for population income. You can also sell your workers much like the Trading Market.

I'm still working on it so there may be a few little glitches, so please bear with me while i finish it.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 04:30

So, land no longer has anything to do with population, right?

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 04:49

ack! I've been gimp'd ... Req, it's going to take some of us a week of just buying people to get back to where we were. in the future can changes to the game not have us re-doing (creating a large population) a part of it?

$.02

_f

jin
Joined 27/09/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 05:34

Looks like it goes like this:

Old way:
Residential buildings "breeded" new people
Now:
Residential buildings provides only maximum population.
Marketplaces gives maximum "breed" speed, as well as Selling speed.

Old way:
Army can be raised quickly, if there is enough free population.

Now:
Barracks and Traidingplaces gives maximum army recruit speed.

Generally now is needed more planning, which might be good thing.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 06:44

Req why didn't you wait until the next tournament to do this it just screwed me. I had over 3000 pop and now I don't even have 1000. I am in the middle of a war and I can't afford to lose it.

Crusaeder
Joined 10/08/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 07:24

is everyone cut down to about 1/4 the pop they had ? , if so then it equal and we are all in the same boat , and its ok with me . I like the new training system . makes for less clicks to get the job done ; recruiting , creating army , recruiting some more , transfer , etc . then those pesky odd #'s that creep up on you .

killer89
Joined 3/08/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 07:38

req i said not yet put it in testing 1st ahhhhh man why was i up all night yester day errrrr.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 08:07

No i went down to more like 1/15 my general pop size.
But i did say a while ago to make sure everyone had enougth workers to run at 100%

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 08:08

No i went down to more like 1/15 my general pop size.
But i did say a while ago to make sure everyone had enougth workers to run at 100%

SHWADE
Joined 21/08/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 08:27

What I want to know is WHY did our pop go down?

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 08:55

That was a page error. It went down to about 1/5

killer89
Joined 3/08/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 12:04

this kind of sucks now what happens when someone has a big army comeing at you and you cant make any army that sucks if you hear what im saying cause lots of poeple before you did this has lots of armys what happens to the newbies the can make armys for them and a guy comes along and boom the newbie is dead.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 12:20

Unfortunately I could not wait until the next Tournament to make the change. I'm running on a dwindling budget and very little time left so I basically have to get as much done as I can over the next week or so.
And the reason I couldnt just put it into the Testing game is because the actual webpages are the same for all games. Changing the interface for one game, changes it for all games.

The reason everyone lost lots of pop was because of the new system, where population is actually valuable and has to be purchased. Previously, pop was too abundant and easy to earn, and so had very little value. And as such, since everyone had so much general pop, it also devalued Gold.

This is why I did not give everyone their full pop back in Workers. I am trying to lower and balance the numbers so the game is a bit more strategic and balanced overall.

So those of you cursing under your breath thinking you now have to regain such a high pop, dont worry. You dont need such a high pop, nor will it be available. Infact, in future, if you have alot more workers than you require (simply to get lots of free gold) your workers will actually abandon you. Afterall, which workers wants to pay you taxes but not have any work??

jin
Joined 27/09/2000

Posted : Thursday, 26 October 2000 - 01:12

About fleeing workers, to prevent just workers for money.

How about this way:
player can have extra workers (for example 1,5 to 2 times actual need). But any further extra workers Consumes Gold (lets say for example that it's due Social Security Expenses, or something similar).

hmm... This belongs actually to Game Suggestions Forum.

Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.164063 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap