HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 21:10  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
AuthorTopic : Abuse AND Language - READ NOW!!
Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Sunday, 22 October 2000 - 13:03

Any kind of abuse is not tolerated, nor is foul language.

I've scanned through recent messages looking for signs of abuse and language and have been very disappointed by what I've found.

I can see by this that I'm now going to have to take valuable time away from coding the game to implement a message checking script to scan for players that choose to abuse other players, and use foul language.

It also means I now have to take the time to build a Timed-Ban and Delete player system as well, of which I hoped I would not have to do.

It also seems that I will have to REMOVE the option to name your own armies as too many players take it upon themselves to use this as an opportunity to abuse other players or simply display inappropriate language.

Abuse is not tolerated here folks.
Foul language is also not tolerated.

If you cannot abide by this, please leave, or you shall be removed from the system.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Monday, 23 October 2000 - 05:29

It all depends on what words you class as being offensive.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 06:47

DemonSav had an army of scouts called MotherF______z.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 08:58

DemonSav also has an army named Faggs with 69 people in it

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 11:39

Yes, I know about all the players that named their armies offensive names.

As such, with the new military/pop system, I've simply made it so you no longer name your own armies. They are simply named by their character name and a number.

Sorry folks, but like in many areas of life, those inconsiderate few have spoiled it for the rest of us.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 11:44

Can't you just delete those inconsiderate (enter 100 offensive words here), and let us name our armies again.

killer89
Joined 3/08/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2000 - 12:05

**** just like school boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted PlayerPosted : Tuesday, 31 October 2000 - 06:59

i was wondering about talk between two allies or enemies and it contains foul language what would happen now

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Tuesday, 31 October 2000 - 15:58

I'll soon be adding a script to check the message system for abusive and foul language.

Anyone getting caught will be warned (once only) and/or deleted/banned from the game depending on the severity.

I just think it's a pity it has to come to this.

Muff Daddy
Joined 25/10/2000

Posted : Tuesday, 14 November 2000 - 19:56

Req, req ,req....first of all, how many complaints have you recieved regarding this issue? Most likely you have recieved less than 10, perhaps less than 5...I feel that since this is a game where MANY people like to use offensive words in there language, we should have a vote about this. Afterall, majority should win on an issue like this.
Your rule is designed to help the smaller minority, at the cost of the freedon of the majority...Im not asking you to change anything else, its just that i believe the players should have a chance to vote.
thanks req, l8er..

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Tuesday, 14 November 2000 - 22:47

Hey, I'm all for free speech, but not at someone elses expense. And thats exactly what verbal abuse is.

There is simply no need to use offensive or abusive language here...

If the game gets THAT serious someone needs to, then maybe they're taking the game a little too serious. We're all here to have fun remember

Deleted PlayerPosted : Thursday, 16 November 2000 - 17:45

Theris no need for agressive, abusive and foul language. Small words for small minds. I agree with Req. The abusive people in this room should be ejected.

Deleted PlayerPosted : Sunday, 10 December 2000 - 20:58

Requiiem, I received the following ---Read Message From Skara Brae
Sent : Sunday, 10 December 2000 - 20:35

You are an idiot for thinking you can beat me, haha, You see your 2 Neighbors, They are my allies and you are fucked....Keep attacking me and prepare to DIE, =)--- I sent back a message saying that I found the language offensive and requesting no more communication. I received this back ---Read Message From Skara Brae
Sent : Sunday, 10 December 2000 - 20:47

haha grow up man, And prepare your game to end very soon.... --- Do I really have to put up with this in order to play this game?

Deleted PlayerPosted : Sunday, 10 December 2000 - 21:02

Would it be possible to have an ignore communication script placed in the message system? I know that takes away from your time for other more important matters but it may be the easiest solution to this trite, infantile diatribe that some people seem to require in their communication skills.

Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap