HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 02:51  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
AuthorTopic : Tick based/ Turn based
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 25 January 2024 - 16:50

Remember when Waronline was a tick-based game?
Each hour one's troops would get a movement or attack point which could be used as soon as it was available.
Some games, especially clan games, revolved around this factor, forcing people to log in constantly to avoid being snuck up on overnight. One could wake up wiped out!

So, Requiem changed the game to Turn-based. Each turn one's troops got a full day's worth of ponts to spend. This led to massacre's if a person missed the exact instant that battle could be joined.

Both changes lost a lot of players, ones who had figured out a system for either form and didn't like to lose the powers they had found that worked for them.

I think Requiem ultimately gave up on finding a truly equitable system for multi player real time movement. Flash being unsupported was the death blow, of course.

A sad end to a noble and fun experiemnt.

Last Edited : Thursday, 25 January 2024 - 16:50

cardfan_stl
Joined 25/10/2003

Posted : Monday, 5 February 2024 - 18:22

Mog, it's good to see you, man!

I remember. It's been a long time, but I was just thinking about some old browser-based games I used to play and decided to check up on them. Pretty much everything is dead and gone except for WOL which is no longer working, but not *quite* gone it seems.

I was certainly one of those people who stayed logged in way too much just to try to get the drop on someone while they were gone/asleep. It was fun for a while, but my life got way too stressful in other ways so I had to stop playing games like this that got me thinking I needed to be logged in at some exact time just to keep some advantage.

Still think of the game and my clanmates from time to time even after all this time.

Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.160156 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap