HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 MAR 2024 19:35  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Eight Player Campaign! (closed)
Richard the Dragonheart
Joined 31/05/2001

Posted : Thursday, 19 December 2019 - 17:13

I don't know what the situation was in that game, but I think the ethics of attacking someone who is already fighting someone else depends on the situation.

At the beginning of the game, yes, it works best if players have a gentleman's agreement to pick an opponent to fight 1 v 1 and not pile on or attack an empty castle. I often send a neighbouring player a message asking them to sign a non-aggression pact until Turn X so I can fight another player without worrying.

After this initial beginning phase, though, it's possible that a player is clearly getting really powerful and owns several castles. If people just sit back and let him roll someone else without taking advantage of an undefended castle, they will just inevitably lose.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 19 December 2019 - 19:09

I think it is reasonable to allow players to go after a massive winner if that is the only way to keep things "fair". I'm in a game right now where I was waiting for the last two to get done, but I was attacked by the winning player, almost as permission to go after his castle. Plus, he'll most likely get the castle in the middle, I am busy attacking elsewhere.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 20 December 2019 - 19:41

I'm not long for this game, I fear! I made a monumental blunder that turned a possible early victory into an almost-as-early defeat!

I won't say what it was just yet, I figured out the reason I screwed up and I want to try to make it work some other time.

It was a fun game, Mindaugus is a worthy opponent and I wish him well against the vipers he'll be left with.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 20 December 2019 - 21:37

Holy smokes. Tell me mog! How did you lose?? Mog lost?? OMG

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 20 December 2019 - 23:25

I built a catapult very early and didn't have enough other troops to cover it when Mindaugus stormed out of his castle.

OK, here's the deal. He had holed up after I took his goldmine. I was moving my catapult up. I should have rushed his gates and plugged him in, then took out his barracks. I waited too long to do it, he was out of the castle, wisely, when he saw the catapult looming. He kicked my ass, then I haven't been able to rally. I'm dooooooomed! Hee hee. He'll get a load of points, I'll be hurtin'!

Mindaugas
Joined 27/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 23 December 2019 - 00:13

Sneaky Mog. Good game.

I did the first mistake in the game and lost a bunch of troops, but you still gave me an opening which saved me.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 23 December 2019 - 00:29

Now you have Pro there the instant you get done with me! Good luck.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 23 December 2019 - 02:20

This seems fun. I almost want to join you guys. Not yet though!

<<   1 2        
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap