HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.26 APR 2024 20:03  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
AuthorTopic : Four Player Campaign Idea
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 13 May 2019 - 14:33

In most four player camps people fight one on one against a neighbor, leaving the other two to fight each other. Generally, one player wipes out his or her opponent quickly and has to wait for the others to finish up before attacking the survivor. By that time he or she has overwhelming forces built up and plows through for the win.

I suggest a four player campaign where it is required that you fight both of your neighbors at the same time.

You could opt to also attack the player across from you but that might not be very feasible. Still, if it comes to it, why not? For instance in a fight over a goldmine in the center.

The idea here is that there would be a more fair outcome due to no one getting to sit and build up, waiting to pounce.

I guess one couldn't guarantee that one would send exactly equal forces in both directions, but you'd also have a chance of getting your castle taken away from your weaker force, arguing for similar forces on both sides.

Who wants to try it? I'd want an agreement that you won't quit or just leave. You have to play until you either win and own all 4 castles or you are wiped out and/or your castle is taken.

Players that sign up and then just leave make the game bad. It allows someone to grab a free castle and a lot of experience points from the deserter.

The game would be passworded to allow me to know who is playing. Players with a history of leaving a game won't get the password!

Who's in?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 16 May 2019 - 20:53

Don't all answer at once, now!

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 17 May 2019 - 05:12

It is hard to execute in a way that can be deemed fair. My first thought is a lottery of what troops/positions attack/defend where.

The issue here is that we are mixing players of various skill levels and there is no way to remedy that with the current state of the game.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Saturday, 25 May 2019 - 05:31

It';s best to keep the camps a free for all. Just attack who you want,when you want. There's not enough people left to set any other standard.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 25 May 2019 - 14:57

Ultima, what we have now is unfair. I'm trying to come up with a way to break the pattern we have set up for ourselves of two on two, then the slaughter.

doodoomite, I'm not sure if I agree if it is a 6 player or more game. In this kind of four player game it might make it a better game.

You know, we could set up a "friendly" game where no one stands to lose points. I'd want to have an agreement about what the rules would be, first.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 June 2019 - 00:58

Well as it stands, I think it would extremely hard to get more than 4 people to join a camp. But if it's 4 or more people, then we can agree who we want to attack and only attack that person until one is eliminated. But then it would be frustrating, if you have another player, having to wait until you 2 guys finish fighting, if he has already eliminated his opponent. And I would rather each game be ranked. It would be boring for me to play a camp without the chance to gain any points.

Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap