HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.26 APR 2024 11:12  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
AuthorTopic : Began building models
Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 27 November 2018 - 03:40

So a quick update on the attempt at remaking this:

I have begun prototyping models for battles. With my current duel (which I will lose for sure) I have taken note of the battle mechanics. They are simple. I just do not know the maths, so I will approximate it. I should have a battle generator and at least swordsmen, scouts, and spearmen to test the battle models with. The final product will probably be different but I hope still as fun.

I will make this first iteration and it won't contain graphics or anything but I am figuring out the maths at least. Thought I would share with you guys the small progress (the one that still read this!).

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 November 2018 - 12:03

Sounds good! Glad you're moving ahead with it.

gala
Joined 1/09/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 28 November 2018 - 00:18

How is it different from a battle simulator already available here?

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 28 November 2018 - 00:33

Hey Gala,

The battle simulator available here is just math really. It is given a bunch of numbers, it runs some math on the numbers and then gives you back other numbers. In that sense, the battle simulator and the calculator, as well as the prototypes I am building, are the same.

Where they will be different is in the maths. I am not sure what model requiem used for fights. So I will make up my own and hope that 1. They make sense and 2. They do not hinder gameplay down the line and 3. They replicate original WOL experience as closely as possible.

Cheers,

UB

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Thursday, 29 November 2018 - 11:05

Sounds great UB! I applaud your efforts.
Cheers,
H.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 29 November 2018 - 18:09

It seems to me that somewhere in the forums there was a discussion of how the battle mechanics worked, what the formulas were.

I'll look a little, but it is a big task to search the forums. If others have an idea where this stuff is, please say.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 29 November 2018 - 19:41

Hey H!

Hope all is well.

Mog: That would be helpful. If no one knows in all honesty I could make a bot to help your search. Let me know when you've exhausted your options.

Also, I have realized while checking out the battle simulator that we might actually want to change the numbers a little. I will wait and see what you find though.

Cheers!

UB

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 29 November 2018 - 22:48

There was endless tweaking of strengths and special abilities, too. People would exploit any chink in the armor, so to speak, so it had to be fair.

Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.136719 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap