HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.4 MAY 2024 10:03  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
AuthorTopic : Battle?
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 21 September 2015 - 00:14

Does anyone battle anymore or is it all duels and campaigns? Anybody want to join me for a battle (or two!) on Wednesday?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 21 September 2015 - 11:32

Sage, the problem is that when Requiem made it so one could move through one's own troops he destroyed battles. First strike is the winning strike in every case now because the player just gets to roll right on through and attack until the other player has virtually nothing on the next turn. The only answer is those horrifying battles you used to play where you would never take any risks at all and it went on for a hundred maneuvering turns or until someone lost patience and attacked, insuring a loss.

Duels are the only fair game here now, campaigns are just ridiculous, but still more possible to win than in battles. In campaigns, a person merely has to wait until two other players have exhausted themselves, one gets a castle, then the third player gets to come in with a full untouched army and take both castles. It's happening to me currently.

There isn't any solution to these problems as we well know, it's all been tried. Stick with duels, still fun and fair.

gala
Joined 1/09/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 22 September 2015 - 20:41

Sage, I'll battle you (and anybody else who is interested) in a "duel mode" - no force turns. we will play when we have time. The only challenges is that in order to start we both need to be on line at the same time.
Message me to coordinate. We can either start the battle around 9 pm or after 9 am the game time

Last Edited : Tuesday, 22 September 2015 - 20:54

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 22 September 2015 - 21:19

I just gave Sage and gala memberships for 100 days. Now you can set up a passworded battle and don't need to be online at the same time to start the game. Good luck!

gala
Joined 1/09/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 22 September 2015 - 21:28

thanks, dear Mogerator

Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap