HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.19 APR 2024 17:16  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Which is the best pc security?
doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Thursday, 10 April 2014 - 09:54

McAfee,Norton or Kapersky? Can U have 2 of them on your pc and still operate smoothly without any problems? If so which 2?

Last Edited : Thursday, 10 April 2014 - 09:56

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 11 April 2014 - 12:44

Norton came with my new PC, but I buy the upgrade to McAfee every year which runs with just the basic computer adjustments and with Norton disabled.

In the *"Catholic Answers Forum"* internet users are being advised to change our passwords because of a *"heart-bleed bug"* ...
hope my McAfee stops it because I hate the dance we have to do for hackers ...
keep my pc use at a minimum with credit cards especially.

rex

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 12 April 2014 - 01:26

@doodoomite

I would strongly advise against having more than one solution on your PC. I would probably not recommend Norton or McAfee either. For regularly scanning your computer for viruses I would have you try Sophos. For a firewall, as strange as it sounds I would stick with the default Windows firewall.

To be completely honest with you though it does not matter what kind of security you have if you personally do not know how to combat the problem. Security online is more of a lifestyle. You personally have to be aware of the kind of sites and emails etc. that you choose to respond to. If you can be siked into walking into a shady site you know nothing about or tricked into clicking on a link on your email that you have no reason to click other than that it is there than no amount of internet security will save you. I have owned computers since the age of 13 and am now 26. The last time I had a virus or any type of security issue with any of my computers, I was 20. I guarantee you that has had nothing to do with what security I have(I do not scan my computer more than once a year to check that I am still virus free).

Honestly I would look more into how to avoid getting into sticky situations online instead of just worrying about what security suite to use, it will do you better.

@TaurusRex

You have to do nothing for that security bug. As worrisome as it might seem, until the issue is fixed, changing your password does nothing because the attacker can still get the password the same exact way. Also, once it is fixed it is highly doubtful that changing it will be of help if you dont detect anything off beforehand. A lot of the major sites on the net fixed the issue quite literally as soon as it was published. I would concern myself with this only if you are a webmaster or site owner whom has to deal with tons of sensetive data.

Lastly, you should be changing your password regularly anyway, not just because there is some security concern.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Saturday, 12 April 2014 - 07:44

Thanks guys,because I have a Trojan worm on my computer and haven't been able to get rid of it.

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 12 April 2014 - 14:37

Hey Doodoo,

So what I would advise you to do in that situation is:

Download sophos or if that is not your style pick either one of these two:

Malwarebytes anti malware

dw.cbsi.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-8022_4-10804572&ontId=8022_4&spi=7d5b80da54aad841e0f0026fe2f285ec&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext<ype=dl_dlnow&pid=13663396&mfgId=6290020&merId=6290020&pguid=U0jCCwoOYJEAABnCHL4AAAAQ&ctype=dm;;language&cval=NONE;;en&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2F3001-8022_4-10804572.html%3Fspi%3D7d5b80da54aad841e0f0026fe2f285ec

super anti spyware

www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

You then install these two, restart your computer in SAFE MODE(hold f8 when the first screen comes up during bootup) and when it gives you an option say you want to start windows in safe mode with networking.

Once you do that, log in and open up the anti virus software. Update the virus definitions BEFORE STARTING TO SCAN. Then make it a full system scan and leave it there. Dont bother it till it is done. Once it is click next until you get to the part where it shows you what it found. Take s screenshot of it for me, and have the program delete all the bad stuff it found. Then post the screenshot here so I can make sure it deleted it.

Cheers,

UB

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap