HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.19 APR 2024 05:44  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Still a Great Game
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 6 September 2013 - 12:00

Admittedly, I've tried something new, that is, with the four player map and with conditions of only 60 turns which has caused a fast and furious. free for all type campaign ...
it's been great fun so far and I do realize now that the fact that both players can technically take their turns at the same time every turn is apparently a condition of the game which was deliberately programmed into it;

However, in as much as that condition can cause a devastating turn for the attackee when players take their turns consecutively and the attacker was last to take his turn because it's possible for him to make a second consecutive attack *(double attack)* when his next turn arrives at the same time as the attackee's turn, that is, especially if the attackee of the previous turn is late to arrive online, I do wish that the game could be programmed to stop that with a line of program that simply identifies the last player to take his turn between two combatants and delays that player from taking his next turn for the first 30 minutes of it.

rex

Last Edited : Friday, 6 September 2013 - 12:14

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 6 September 2013 - 13:11

Sadly this game works in one way... take it or leave it. It at this point becomes a matter of simply making a verbal agreement with the players on what times to attack. There is just no other way.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 6 September 2013 - 14:56

Yes, you're right Ultima Bahamut and I would really like to have made your suggestion instead, but I'm satisfied being happy that at least someone else besides myself and Nebuchadnezer seems to recognize that the problem does exist and has offered a good solution.

There would be a problem with new members, but basically I think an agreement could be made that each player take his turn at a certain time of day ...
at least with the small games this can be done with little or no problem I think.

rex

Last Edited : Friday, 6 September 2013 - 14:58

Ultima Bahamut
Joined 1/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 6 September 2013 - 16:27

Not just that but at the rate that we get new players it is fair to say that this will be a non-issue as well.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.154297 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap