HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 MAR 2024 05:06  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : What if we allowed multiple names?
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 25 August 2012 - 10:53

What would the game be like if we allowed (known) multiple names for individual players? You would have to announce your new name in the forum and have me verify that you are using it. I could make a sticky thread that showed who was who. Possibly paid members would get more names to play? Or some other way to reward players by allowing them more names? For instance, if a player was on every day for three months, or 300 days a year or whatever, they would get a new name.

Then, you would be dis-allowed from having those accounts in the same campaign, duel or battle. That would be a hanging offense (deleted from the whole site). You could play unranked games against yourself, of course, for practice and testing ideas.

I think this idea would have to also pass Requiem's approval as well since it is totally against what he has always stood for, but dang, he's never here!

If nothing else, we would look like we had a ton of players! Anybody see any major problems with it? Anybody actually want this? I'm just thinkin' is all.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Sunday, 26 August 2012 - 08:49

I guess if it's some thing you really want to do go for it.I think mabe your risking things a bit . It may make things more complicated when it comes to people bending the rules ,(e.g 'mog said it was ok ,I forgot to mention it the forum though')
I'm not that bothered about having more than one name myself but if anyone does or if I choose to in the future then I guess it's good ..
Actually ,thinking about it now it would be interesing HAVING multiple accounts in a campaign ,obviously same amount for each person, and you'd get those 20 player campaigns started alot quicker mog ... hahahaha.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 27 August 2012 - 10:43

I like the idea,kinda funky but I think we should try it for at least 1 year. It would help to fill 20 man camps a lot quicker. I admit that I had multiple accounts (4) several years ago but Mog gave me a friendly warning and I got rid of them. I think I only had them for a couple of months. Didn't do me any good,I used all 4 in one game against this guy and he still beat me.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 27 August 2012 - 11:10

I don't know if it would fill a 20 player camp any faster since players COULD NOT use their multiple accounts in any single game unless it is unranked. That would be a deletable offense, certainly for the second name if nothing else.

Since it would be a publicly known second name it wouldn't technically be like a multi who tries to cheat by using more than one account in a game.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 27 August 2012 - 11:40

I can see only a few advantages with multiple accounts.

1. You'd get more points when playing a new account, but so what?
2. The site would appear to have more active players provided we logged in from all those accounts every second day or so. But would more game start up ? Doubtful.

As you wouldn't be allowed to enter any game with more than one alias then why not play only one? Only reason I can see is 1. above

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 27 August 2012 - 15:47

It was partly you saying to me you'd like a new account to grab a ton of points that got me thinking about it. I'm still just thinking about this, it is too major to be decided quickly. I may hate the idea in a week.

It would be interesting to play an entire 10 player game by oneself.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 27 August 2012 - 23:23

About as fun as playing chess with yourself

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 28 August 2012 - 04:15

I still say it'd be great to have multiple account in a campaign .you'd have a much bigger army to play with from the word go ,though they would start off scattered around the map.

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 28 August 2012 - 06:42

Req actually did that for a while in the larger maps. You would start off with 2 castles in the campaign. It was always a challenge trying to connect your castles together by taking out the unlucky players in the middle. It was also nice to have the option to quietly build up and seek revenge in the same game against the player who took your first castle away.
Cheers,
H.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 28 August 2012 - 14:03

That's pretty different than this idea, it was called "Double Trouble" and I came in to wol just as it started. But it didn't allow two different accounts.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 28 August 2012 - 22:25

No, it's not two accounts, but it could certainly be an answer to the 'filling and starting' game problem, now constant, due to almost no membership.

Just noticed, total active is 27...even with your suggestion of allowing multiple or double account names, I, personally, can't see how it would enhance the game or really accomplish anything, except for possibly providing additional playing time for those that already spend alot of time here anyway.

Just got to face the facts, we have an absent landlord and the roof is falling in....sad, but that's the truth.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 28 August 2012 - 22:32

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 29 August 2012 - 06:14

Well, I'm the Super, then and I try to keep the tiles from falling on people's heads.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 29 August 2012 - 09:11

Think about those 'double trouble' games...seems that'd be a good thing for now.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 29 August 2012 - 09:19

On a map with 4, 8 or 16 castles that could work.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Thursday, 30 August 2012 - 02:46

I think the double trouble idea is better than multiple accounts. Create a poll for it,and let's see how many people vote for each idea.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap