HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.17 APR 2024 05:23  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : The tribute ranking
Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Saturday, 1 September 2012 - 13:28

Nice recap Mog!

I just want to add that if Req was to do any heavy duty work on the game, I would really recommend a return to the tick-based system. For some crazy reason, I am currently in 3 campaigns at the same time for the first time in years. It is an impossible situation. Every morning I need to make a decision on which one I can afford to take the largest beating in. During turns where I am in combat with opponents in all 3 camps, only the one where I move simultaneously with my opponent will have a chance to avoid disaster (with the simultaneous move problems you noted). It also allows the dreaded double attack...one player moved after I had made my move one morning and then moved before I could move the next morning with devastating results.

In tick-based, the dedicated players could inch forward as you said, but for each move, they also lost combat power. The resulting attacks were not nearly as bad as the current system...it was a trade-off...better position, but less damage. Once I finish the current camps, I doubt I will ever play more than one at a time again under the current system.
Cheers,
H.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 1 September 2012 - 13:37

Agree with that.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 1 September 2012 - 14:41

I just sent $10.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 2 September 2012 - 06:45

I prefer the turn based system,even though tick based is an advantage for people,who have their own computer. I will send $10 next week when I get paid.

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Sunday, 2 September 2012 - 10:24

The tick-based was not nearly as much of an advantage as the current turn-based system. If Req wants to stick with turn-based, he should make it a pure turn-based system where you can't move until 24 hours after the last move for a particular unit. That way there would be less potential for simultaneous moves and double attacks.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Sunday, 2 September 2012 - 14:24

Couldn't have said it better, Hwatta! Bring back the tick-based movement and get rid of the tribute and I'll be happy to send a per game fee or monthly access contribution.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 2 September 2012 - 17:53

I'd be happy to see him here working on the game, making it run smoothly, as is.

That isn't an endorsement of every particular of how the game is structured currently, just a pragmatic observation.

<<   1 2        
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 3.537109 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap