HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 14:35  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Are Inactives Any Better than Quitters?
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 08:13

One of my posts that I deleted is saved in one of my word pad files and I can restore it at any time ...
after realising that I publicly *told it like it was* I didn't feel good about it so I deleted it;

But the truth is the truth and imho, I had *just cause* for quitting PG_271;
However, the PG games are supposed to be designed for allowing players to quit and then rejoin which I was able to do except the game was so advanced that I couldn't get a descent location.

Anyway, the last time the game let me into it, it penalized me only allowing me one tech at the time and I did play a fairly entertaining several turns;
However, it was taking forever, to allow me to rejoin again;
So I quit again thinking I could rejoin, but it took even longer and I even gave up trying until I was reminded that I quit.

PS:
So you agree that quitters should go to the bottom eh Mog?
Well from your private conversation with me Mog some inactives are certainly no better than quitters.

rex

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 08:24

A player could go inactive for a number of reasons...vacation, family crisis, employment changes or commitments, computer malfunction, ect...many possible reasons and should maintain their current score and finish where ever that places them in the final ranking.

However, a 'quitter' is simply that...a quitter...someone that personally decided to 'pull the plug', and let's just be honest...they quit because things weren't going their way.

Anyone that quits...especially those, prior to quitting, that destroy everything or build barricades (walls/pallisades), or assemble their units in a manner that would make it difficult for remaining players to capture or take over their area is showing poor sportsmanship/gamemanship and certainly should go to the bottom of the ranking list.

There's no shame in being defeated...but actions as I've described above are deplorable.

Last Edited : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 08:28

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 09:43

"sugarleo AAA
Joined 4/05/2002
Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 08:24
"A player could go inactive for a number of reasons...vacation, family crisis, employment changes or commitments, computer malfunction, ect...many possible reasons and should maintain their current score and finish where ever that places them in the final ranking.

However, a 'quitter' is simply that...a quitter...someone that personally decided to 'pull the plug', and let's just be honest...they quit because things weren't going their way.

Anyone that quits...especially those, prior to quitting, that destroy everything or build barricades (walls/pallisades), or assemble their units in a manner that would make it difficult for remaining players to capture or take over their area is showing poor sportsmanship/gamemanship and certainly should go to the bottom of the ranking list.

There's no shame in being defeated...but actions as I've described above are deplorable""

Okay,
I've had a belly-full of triple A sweetness ...
are you learning how to lie, twist and distort the facts folks, while using the art of complaining to have your way?

Here's that post I deleted that I said I could restore:

""To sugarleo:

"Posted : Thursday, 14 June 2012 - 01:27
Now there you go...crediting me with thoughts that I didn't say...but I will say this...

I AM a better campaign player than you on my worse day...and if you think you're right again (as you always do)...then let's play a duel...you play demons and I'll play Medi...I should lose if you're correct in your assumptions about demons being sooooo much stronger, right?

Just send a personal msg anytime you see me on line and we'll get the duel started."-sugarleo

"The only thing in this game sugarleo at which you're better than me is moaning (horrors, I stole one of your piles one turn before turn #78), making snide remarks (still don't know why there was a *"delete"* in your post in that other thread), creating self-assistance game rules (the way the game is played now, you'll find few if any players willing to label *tribute* piles or unclaimed *tribute* buildings as *your* possessions that you can leave while you go off and capture other castles)

And being slippery as in the meaning of the words: shifty, sly and or sneaky (the Demonics have their biggest advantage in the PG game where there's several unprotected castles all over the map (admittedly in a head to head duel I'm unpracticed at how best to use Demonics where you probably even would have map familiarity advantage) ...

Anyway, these next two months are bad for me (too much personal crap piling up), but I'll start trying to look at some of the maps for recall and be happy to play a medieval only duel against you soon.

PS:
Is that motion bug in the duels too?

rex""

Here's a guy that enterred PG_271 on or about turn# 58 as a *"demonic"* player after I begged everyone to start as *"medieval"* and then cried foul because I attacked him immediately instead of giving him some grace time like I gave everyone else;

So I tried to make an agreement with him giving him 20 turns of grace if he would expand *North and West* because I was still expanding *South and West* trying to get my back to the wall.
He almost immediately started expanding *South and West* as well as *North and West*, but did I complain? NO.

(cont).

Last Edited : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 10:02

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 09:59

(cont from above)

In the meantime I was still confronting Trotsky in the NorthEast and moving units down to the borders with sweety and yes building palisade defenses because that's my tactic to defend and attack where I want to attack.
Does he say that he also built fences and positioned units at the borders for combat?

NO, he typically lies and twists the facts with his *art of complaining* to try to say that I had no intention of combating him, but instead was just barricading him with intentions of quitting.

Folks listen carefully because this is the *God strike me dead truth* if I'm lying ...
there was one more turn left before our agreement would be satisfied and in the SouthWest I attacked a tribute pile near the mountains with a heavy cavalry ...
Almost imediately the master of moaning and complaining messaged me to complain that I was breaking the agreement.

He was supposed to be North and West;
I didn't even see that he had occupied a castle that far South West ...
He had broken the agreement from day one and I didn't complain, yet this belly-aching lying, twisting, art of complaining blankety blank tries to complain foul after I gave him 20 turns on the last day.

Yes I quit because I can't stand playing in the same game with this alibi artist ...
his units fly over walls so how did the barricades hinder him taking empty castles?
Yes I'm rejoining now just to have fun getting in his way.

PS:
Four of the inactives in the 20 player game I understand may have been phonies to get the games started leaving empty castles and ruining the game.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 10:06

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 10:03

Anyway, I had a lot of fun that same game. Once LOD decided to go inactive I just quit. At that point the game was basically over. PGs are unrated ,pretty wide in scope , and gives everyone a lot of action once it gets going. I hope I get the privilege to play them all again . In fact, those games ARE the most fun for me. Thanks guys.

T

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 10:14

I just spent a month positioning myself to attack LOD in the PG and he.... quit. I have 400 stacks. I was looking forward to a massive fight! Oh well, lots and lots of free castles on the board now for anyone who wishes to join the game, probably 50% are available again now that LOD and Trotsky quit. If you're lucky, you'll get one far away from me or Sugarleo and get to grow a bit. If not, well, who knows what can happen? I'm willing to negotiate!

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 10:16

Yes I had fun too ...
even had fun learning how to defend against fantasy characters;
But some guys are as sanctimonious as Tartuffe:

" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartuffe "

rex

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 11:27

LMAO, as always...the one that points the finger and bellows the loudest...
Allow me to crown you the Complainer in Chief.....

I gave you the opportunity to play a heads up game...but all you've got is excuses...

And don't worry TR, you've never been a problem for me to complete my plans in a game...too bad, you'd think that someone that's played as long as you have would actually have acquired some skills by now....but all you can do is attempt to blame others for your own incompetence.
Don't go away mad, TR...just go away....

EDIT: My first post (directed at no one in particular, didn't mention any names, but guess we can see by the resulting posts who took it personal) was simply stating my opinion...that's what I thought the forums were intended for...perhaps not...
And my opinion of having a quitting player move to the bottom of the ranks was referring to 'ranked' games...not unranked.....my opinion of the actions I mentioned applies to any game.

Last Edited : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 11:46

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 12:16

No you're the Lying, Twister in Chief sugarleo ...
believe me folks, I speak the truth ...
he tries to change this game into a sugarleo *may I* game with his idea of fairness always presented anyway he can no matter how he twists reality.

rex

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 12:49

Really enjoy this game. LOL

T

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 13:41

Whatever, TR...go ahead...rant and rave all you want.

Fairness, huh? LOL, you start a thread, asking a question and I post an opinion and then you turn it into a personal flame war with attacks that have nothing to do with the topic.
Why not just start a thread titled, I hate sugarleo and here's why? Then you can continue your 'words' campaign cause you sure can't win against me in a 'real' campaign.

You know, I'll be kind to you and offer some advice related to your *may I* comment.
In this game, the winner isn't always the person that got heavies first, took the first castle, or had the most techs or upgrades...the path to victory may be found easier through using diplomacy and agreements. Being a high ranked campaigner didn't happen just because I'm the best player on the field, it happened because I chose to work with other players and I'm not talking about gangbang'n. Success can't always be obtained by one's self...but it's almost guaranteed when you work with others.

Contrary to what you've stated, it's not about 'my' rules...it's about seeking naps/agreements that serve you equally or slightly better than the other guy. That doesn't mean you force your methods on someone else, but like in real life, you degotiate the best deal possible and then you honor it.

I can't even remember why you feel it necessary to always disagree with me on any subject or opinion...why you always have to attempt to tarnish the reputation I have as a player, but it does prove how childish someone as old as you can be. Perhaps it reflects your desire to feel important or have recognition, perhaps it's absent in your real life and that's why you pursue it here with such passion. One thing I've learned in life is seldom does one succeed when they try to reach it at the expense of others....attempting to tear someone down seldom makes that person bigger...it usually results in them looking smaller. Sure, those values may be outdated or old fashioned, but I've found that integrity and morals never go out of style.

So go ahead, TR...call me names, jump up and down...wave your arms around, sling insults, try to diminish me however you wish...this is just a game and you're just a mild distraction.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 15:30

You're breaking my heart sugarleo as if you're innocent of using this thread to throw some digs at me for quitting the PG_271 game ...

Well fess up sugarleo, did I call a spade a spade or didn't I?
Did you or did you not on turn# 77 (one turn before agreement satisfied) accuse me of breaking the agreement with you for busting a tribute pile in a territory I wasn't even aware that you had taken?

Did you or did you not agree to work the North West territories, but instead worked also the South West territories?

You knew I was trying to get my back against the west wall, but you wasn't satisfied with 20 turns of grace, you made sure you were going to keep me in the middle of you and the rest of the players by getting behind me ...
Go ahead sugarleo, call me a liar you two bit weasel ...
yes I know you use every trick in the book, just like you know the duel you offerred me was a rotten egg and you know it.

That's right sugarleo, I wasn't born yesterday, but I'm a straight up guy not a connivorine.

rex

Funker
Joined 17/08/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 17:52

To come back to the topic...

Quitters are quitters and should be ranked at the bottom. Inactive players should be ranked before the quitters, but not before active players.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 18:20

I 'm with you on that.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 18:43

Yes Funker. I agree too.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 26 July 2012 - 23:58

And I say that at least a quitter is straight up about his intentions ...
the wait is too long for one reason
And inactives can have many devious reasons for being inactive including making up some story to alibi that they were attacked when they were having problems or something;

So should we attack inactives or give them a free ride?
And then there's still the inactives that got Camp_8746 started.

If I know Requiem, he's got his reasons and they just may be along the lines I've mentioned (i.e. devious, conniving intentions for being inactive).

rex

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Friday, 27 July 2012 - 00:59

I'm with Funker,Mog and LOD on the quitters and inactives,final rankings. And TaurasRex,please pipe down and let it go.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 27 July 2012 - 01:14

Well, I know at least I planned a devious scheeming heart failure back in 2003 and went inactive in some games.

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap