HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 18:22  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : What's the best way,to beat me in camps?
doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 09:37

Attack early and hard. At the start of the game,bring all of your troops toward my castle,and I gaunrentee,you will win every time. Anybody else got any better ideas.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 09:41

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 10:10

Yes, but I wouldn't disclose them to you now would I?

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 11:21

doodoomite, you seem to be doing well enough, you have 3 stacks of falcs and a maceman to deal with my wimpy little guys

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 11:42

Well, since I just wiped you out in a camp, I think I can say a few things.

I advise people against tearing everything down for gold. You will have a much harder time defending a slab than a wily hellhole like the one LOD has been murdering me in lately.

If you see a threat coming, pull back and defend, don't stay out in the woods until it's too late to get a concerted attack going. Piecemeal arrivals tend to get eaten by hungry mog gangs. Hambone recently kept me out of his castle and lured me into his lands and ate my lunch for me. He kept out my mace with archers, gotta hand it to him on that one. If the troops can't get at you it doesn't really matter how strong they are, especially against the enormous defense and attack advantages one gains from castle sitting.

Why have five different troops researched in one barracks and only archers in the other? Build up the barracks evenly so you'll have better troops and more places to deploy them.

The rush can be effective, but it helps if you are a much more experienced player to pull it off. I'll tell you what, next time you see me coming, I hope I have ten catapults with me. That's about an attacker's only hope of taking a castle without getting chewed up to death doing it.

Mog the Wise (Wise from getting punched a lot)

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 11:49

I felt like I had it in the bag... I took out one barracks already, but now he's got a 7 stack of mace, two full falcs and i've got mostly scouts... He may yet live. Win? Probably not. Live, though.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 16 May 2012 - 11:58

Alas the moglets are too many to be stopped but they pay dearly for every square of castle taken

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Thursday, 17 May 2012 - 01:58

Yes,I was surprised,that Oblvy ended up in my castle in such a short period of time,but he is in my clan and I like his skills,will be helpful in our next clan game. Whenever that'll be.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Thursday, 17 May 2012 - 05:09

My advice - waste not an ounce of gold. Everything you spend should have a well-researched and planned purpose.

For example, One of the reasons I kicked Mog's butt was that I had lots of missile troops and a high attack. Take maximum advantage of every bonus you can. When defending, make sure every missile troop attacks from building that gives an attack bonus, and make sure your commandeers are positioned carefully to give the attack bonuses to everyone attacking.

Tailor what you build to your opponent's weakness. Obviously, this means if your opponent turns up with paper troups you should build scissors. But, there are more subtle weaknesses too. If your opponent turns up with strong troops like mace, knights, cavalry and especially marksmen, you may be better off building small troops. Why? because the strong troops do a lot of damage, but every point of damage beyond what is required to kill your stack is wasted.

For example, Mog's Macemen do 250-350 points of damaage each attack. With a commander (+10), some attack tech (say +10) and their naturally high attack (+10), bonuses may increase the damage done against (for example) a basic spearman by 60%, to 400-560. But a 10pop stack of spearmen is obliterated by only 160 damage. The extra 240-400 points of damage are wasted.

In fact, to a large extent, it doesn't matter whether you happen to be defending with a swordsman (120-232 damage wasted) or a scout (400-784 wasted) - the only difference is the damage done to the macemen in the process of dying. Spending money on defence tech is pretty pointless - dead is still dead.
I think the best advantage of defending a castle is not the bonuses, but the fact that the troops you build are immediately into the attack (especially the missile troops, they get to fire straight away). It also makes you strategy more responsive - you can react to the troops your opponent brings to the fray and build the perfect mix of troops to counter the attack. When fighting a long way from home, it takes ages to bring your new troops to the front line, and if your opponent is savvy they will see them coming and react.

The only way to stop this is to bring catapults. As Mog has remarked elsewhere, a catapult appearing within range of your barracks this can strike fear into the bravest heart. So much so, in fact, that I have been known to leave 14,000 gold in the bank, so I can research and build a catapult at short notice in an emergency.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Thursday, 17 May 2012 - 05:30

One more tip - missile troops are very flexible. Yes, they do less damage (about 50-65%) per gold piece spent, but you get to choose where that damage goes. It's rare they take damage back. They are an essential part of a mixed-troop army, especially when deployed in sufficient numbers to obliterate a 10 pop stack that is stopping your melee troops getting at the enemy.

Also, when facing a mixed-troop army, they are very useful for targeting those troops of your enemy that are most dangerous to your own melee troops.

Last Edited : Thursday, 17 May 2012 - 06:04

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Thursday, 17 May 2012 - 08:02

great advice ,i might actually get somewhere with this game ,thanks hambone

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Friday, 25 May 2012 - 06:51

well i try not to take a castle without at least having 1 10pop stack of catapult"s to me it"s pretty hard trying to take a castle with out having catapult"s and another thing. it"s pretty much pointless trying to attack a castle if you have"nt got the troops you need for taking a castle it"s actually pretty stupid really that"s why i like to have outpost up pretty early in the campaign that way you no what is coming your way and you can react pretty early before your opponent get"s even close to you.

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap