HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.25 APR 2024 08:11  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Bug Reports
1 2   >>
AuthorTopic : Extra Movement Bug
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 27 April 2012 - 01:39

As God is my witness, I have seen this bug occur several times in PG_271 (twice today aamof);
But I haven't ever abused the bug even once to my knowledge;
And I still don't know exactly the cause of it or how to deliberately induce it as has been mentioned by others.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 27 April 2012 - 11:28

That damn bug needs to be fixed but it probably won't be. I got wiped out one time by a player who got to walk through walls about 8 thick, kill everything I owned.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 18 May 2012 - 00:10

This bug occurs quite often in the PG game when moving units across country;
So again, when I see it, I re-click on the unit to get the proper movement distance and I don't abuse the bug;
So please don't abuse this bug.

Thank you,

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 6 August 2012 - 01:11

One can't enjoy a game where this bug may be being abused
in my humble opinion.

rex

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 6 August 2012 - 07:02

I think I,ve experienced this bug plenty of times. I start moving my troops the right way,then all of a sudden,the game starts acting up. I can tell when the movement dots are normal,but when they look all haphazard,especially when it looks like you can move through walls and on water. I just close the window,open it back up and then finish my moves,the game is usually back to normal. If I make a 1st move,with a troop,and if I see where the 2nd move option has started to act up,I just stop with the 1st move. Because if I use the 2nd move,it makes my troop go backwards,or clear to the other side of the map. Also when it says that a troop is already at that location,to the spot you want to go,then you know that the bug is present.

Last Edited : Monday, 6 August 2012 - 07:06

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 07:20

Usually in life and this game I treat people how they treat me , so if someone exploits or misuses anything that affects me then they get the same treatment from me. They dont normally like it very much either ..
I must admit I have abused the bug at times when I need to travel long distances and the bug is in affect .But I dont use the bug in close combat unless my above comment applies.
There, my conscience is now clear..

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 10:14

As a matter of fact, again, I have treated this bug basicly as doodoomite describes, except it only requires re-clicking on the unit until you get the proper movement options and again I don't know how to purposely cause the bug to be initiated as has been mentioned is possible;

However, to anyone having abused this bug against me, I know I play aggressively, but that doesn't constitute just cause for cheating with this bug against me;
And I have observed questionable circumstances recently.

Hitmewithit's attitude concerning this bug brings to mind another option though:
inasmuch as this bug probably won't ever be fixed in this game version, could the mechanics of how to initiate the bug be made general knowledge so that all can abuse it for at least fair play?

PS:
You may have a clear conscience Hitmewithit for admitting abuse of this bug, but if you've used this bug against me recently, you'll have to explain to me why I deserved its abuse against me.

rex

Last Edited : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 10:17

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 15:43

This bug doesn't strike evenly and I hope it isn't something a player can get whenever he wants it!

I have emailed Req... he was here last night but wouldn't communicate with me so I haven't had a chance to bring it up. It might get fixed, it is possible. How likely? No way to know.

Abusing a bug is against the site rules and could result in disbarment from the game. That is also pretty unlikely. However, as I stated somewhere
before, I had it used against me and it sucked pretty hard. I had a place where I had built walls over an entire "island" in the PG and my opponent got to blast through walls 10 thick in multiple places and kill the crap out of my troops... and showed NO remorse when confronted. It makes the game kind of pointless if people are going to blatantly cheat and "win" that way.

So, I hope we can convince Requiem that he should spend the time to fix it.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 19:45

Well one player complaining about this bug one time, claimed that we all know how to initiate it ...
I sure don't, but Hitmewithit sure sounds like he might.

rex

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 21:53

I have seen it only in the proving grds game...and only with medi units. The last two games, I've tried barbs and demons and never experienced the bug in more than 60-70 turns.

The times it did 'show up' was with medi units and my experience was when I had a number of units traveling in the same direction and grouped near each other. My experience in the bug's appearance would happen when using the leading unit's first movement phase and then clicking/moving the trailing units. Those trailing units would experience the extra move spaces, allowing them to move past the first moved unit.

Again, didn't see this with demons or barbs...only medi...and only when multiple units were traveling in same direction, grouped fairly close together.

EDIT: The situation I described DID NOT happen every time within those parameters...but occasionally.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 21:57

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 August 2012 - 22:33

Yes, that's how it occurred with me in the PG game, that is, moving cross country with a large group (again though, didn't abuse it) ...
This almost causes me to think that Requiem may have experimented with the idea of quickly bringing troops up to the front lines from distant castles because we did discuss that at one time ...
As a matter of fact I mentioned the idea of building highways or something to that effect at the time.

For those abusing this bug, it's cheating because if a player takes out your front line forces, he may be counting on your not having reinforcements nearby in order to start assaulting your territory;
So if you manage to bring up forces due to abuse of this bug, you may very well be able to *UNFAIRLY* foil the tactics of your opponent.

rex

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 - 00:46

The bug cannot be initiated,it shows up at random.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 - 06:16

TR , If you read my comment ,i said I would only use on someone that misused it against me first.so you have nothing to worry about .
I cleared my conscience about the fact sometimes I use it when I have a long distance to travel and if it's occuring then I may misuse it then.

It wouldn't be right if everyone started to use it, as it makes the use of walls useless and other factors . It would be like playing chess and moving the pieces wherever you wanted ,whats the point of that..
I find it seems to happen when my computer is running really slow.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 - 08:06

Hitmewithit,
my suggestion that we all be able to use it was for want of a better phrase, intended to be cynically rhetorical, although cynicism may be too strong;
But also, Hitmewithit, an aggressor advances when he believes it's safe to do so;

So if you're manipulating your troops to cover ground more quickly, your opponent's idea of a safe advance may be grossly miscalculated and so even if done without malice of forethought it shouldn't be done unless it's legal for all to do it.

PS:
There's also the question:
how does one know that you don't believe that you've been wronged in error?
Again, I know that I've done nothing to deserve your use of this bug against me, but how do I know that you don't think that I did?

Anyway, I'm stating here and now that any of my troops that got to where they did without being detected, got there through legitimate stealth and several legitimate moves.

rex

Funker
Joined 17/08/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 - 09:20

TR, please enter Campaign 12658!

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 - 10:09

ok TR , understood, but for an example , in the proving when I was there , when Mog appeared with his 50 (or so ) armies on my land , I had to shuffle up all troops from where they were scattered on the map to give some show of force. I can openly admit that I did speed them up (especially the ballistas) when I could .I dont think Mog would have been that bothered , considering he could still obliterate me if he wanted..
I hope with this discussion that people can/will still be as sportmanlike as they always have with the game because there are the consequences to consider ,and I dont just mean punishments from the Hierarchy .

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 - 10:24

Funker,
this old man is seriously too tired
and I've got a wedding to attend Saturday;
So I need my beauty sleep ...

Also, I'm involved in a game called "Forge of Empires" on the side and the game is so enjoyable shuffling buildings around, making room for more production and either winning battles to add new territories or negotiating an exchange of goods for them that the game is dominating my time ...

need to wean myself from it somehow.

rex

bestia
Joined 30/04/2007

Posted : Saturday, 11 May 2013 - 12:41

This bug happened now in ranked Campaign_15276. Captain's spear moved 23!!! hexes and attacked my comm.
As a community we should not tolerate exploitation of this bug.
If this behaviour repeats I suggest to attack a violator by several players and punish him for cheating.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 11 May 2013 - 16:44

I'll give him notice, bestia.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 - 11:59

Doodoomite, I deleted your post due to it explaining how to cheat. If you know a way to cheat the game the best way to deal with it is to tell me or Requiem and then it might get fixed rather than just exploited.

1 2   >>
Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.164063 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap