HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 09:48  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : A way to deal with multiple accounts
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 15 February 2012 - 19:43

I've been thinking about the problem of multiple account players ("multis"), multiple players who have the same internet address. I've also gotten some complaints about multis lately.

Especially ones who have multiple players in the same game, be it playing against himself in a battle or duel, or as two or more players in a campaign.

The game designer, Requiem, usually comes down on the side of allowing this due to the toughness of proving that the player isn't actually more than one person using the same computer or library type connection, such as brothers sharing a computer.

However, there have been and are currently players in the game with the same address, and playing in the same campaigns, also going inactive at the exact same times.

I suggest that I keep an eye on who I suspect is a multi and check the campaigns they are in to see if the other players with the same address are also in that campaign.

After all, if one person wants to have multiple accounts and can play them as totally separate entities, never confronting himself, there isn't any real advantage (except perhaps surprise, due to a player having one high rank and one low, and you are playing the low-ranked one thinking he is poor at the game).

So, I'd have to do some detective work and probably a lot of messaging and some account deleting. I'd give the player(s) a warning not to compete against "each other" on penalty of losing both accounts. No battles, duels or campaigns with the same ip address allowed.

Anybody have any comments about this idea?

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Friday, 17 February 2012 - 06:11

As of this moment, there are only 40 of us total. How many multis do you think there are?
Cheers,
H.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 17 February 2012 - 09:38

I know of two who have about 7 names between them.

huliojordio DoC
Joined 3/03/2003

Posted : Friday, 17 February 2012 - 12:54

I could name 3 off the top of my head! But wont, unless we are naming and shaming!! Its funny as the 3 where in a game with me, all 3 went inactive, now its just me and one other player with the whole map to ourselves!

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 17 February 2012 - 14:44

No point in naming miscreants. My concern is stopping any true multi behavior, specifically gangbanging with multiple accounts.

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Saturday, 18 February 2012 - 03:51

This would explain the difficulty in filling a 20 player game. We really only have about 27 players.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 18 February 2012 - 05:01

If you all started 5 accounts it would only take 4 of you to start a 20 player game

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Saturday, 18 February 2012 - 09:32

I suggest we name the guilty parties,it would be a warning to those,who have thought about doing the same thing.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 18 February 2012 - 13:36

The idea I was working with here didn't include public naming. I don't think it's necessary, personally. It gets into the possibility of some real nasty flaming and so on which I'd prefer to avoid. As administrator, I welcome (privately) any information others have about what they see as multi activity, especially the same guy in the same camp with 2 or more accounts.

I have confronted multis in the past and shamed them into stopping. Some didn't. It is next to impossible to know for certain that someone is lying when they say they aren't a multi. It LOOKS obvious to us in the game, but that isn't proof either. Innocent until proven guilty.

People can puff up (although it is breaking the rules) their duel and battle scores by fighting themselves if they are so inclined, just so long as they know it is cheating, not appreciated by other players and shows that this is a weak player very clearly. It is in the camps that this behavior hurts others. Whatever happiness a player may gain by gangbanging is taken directly away from the other players in the game.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Sunday, 19 February 2012 - 17:17

i don't care if multi account's play eachother in battle's or duel's but i do care if they enter in the same campaign because if they play eachother in battle's or duel's they ain't getting any good anyway but in campaign's it's a whole different story but i guess it's upto us true wol player's not to let these multi account's get the upper hand

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap