HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 00:20  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums
Forum : General Chit Chat
AuthorTopic : Adopt a Newbie
Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 14 July 2011 - 03:21

Back in the days when we had 1000 members, and despaired that growth had plateaued, we used to lament that "it's SO hard to learn this game! The learning curve is too steep, so few of our newbies make it."

It's a LOT worse now. Forty active members, practically all of us long-time veterans. There's no newbie clans, no active forum community...nothing welcoming for our newest players, who quickly get confused and leave.

I encourage every veteran to adopt a newbie! They still join, and you see their 000-000-000's and ignore them. Reach out to one of them, chat a little, play some practice battles or duels!

Give them a reason to stick it out and learn the game. Or do you guys want to just keep playing the same people over and over again?

harleyxcty
Joined 17/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 14 July 2011 - 15:35

I totally agree I get confused every now and again It is a totally new game compared to what it was. I have asked hundreds of questions to a few people. So if anyone wants to talk about the game or weather just shout at me

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Friday, 15 July 2011 - 04:29

New visitors probably read all of the old forum posts,concerning Bugs,Problems,Upgrades and our Complaints,and decide it's not worth the effort,if the game,isn't gonna have any more work done to it,to make it a little more appeasing. Believe me,I love this game,and I do get tired of playing the same people,over and over.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 15 July 2011 - 09:38

I doubt most new visitors read ANY of the forums. Even regular p[layers often don't. I think most people just expect what they have been getting from dedicated game stations, 3D first person shoot-em-up games with high end graphics. When they don't get instant satisfaction they leave. This game appeals to somewhat older, patient strategy players, of whom there are few, relatively speaking.

It would be great if the game was bug-free and suited every single person involved, but it isn't and doesn't. The changes made over the past few years alienated a number of regulars. Not much can be done about that now, Requiem has stated he isn't going to do any more major revamping of the game, and if he wants to work on something, he'll work on his new (!?) game, War of Kings, but that has been going on for many many years and is not much closer to happening. Fortunately or unfortunately, he has a family, a business that is consuming his efforts and just doesn't have any spare time to spend on development any more.

So, it us up to us to increase membership, if possible. Sage's advice is good, try to befriend and help new players. I know that when I have been personally helped in a game I am far more inclined to stick around. It happened to me here, I was taught by Gutterfly and Sage early on and that made me want to keep playing. I also joined a clan after a few months here and that also helped keep me going.

Mog

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 - 00:45

Mog is telling the truth. I do feel a newbie clan,would add a new dimension to the game. Someone could invite the newest members to create a clan for themselves and learn the game together. Being on the same level,that may incourage them to form a tight bond,log into the game on a regular basis and challenge some of the older clans to a game. Someone could be their mentor throughout that clan game. Help them to develope some stratagies. These newbies could also,recruit some of their older relatives and friends,to join the game. I've been trying to recruit some of my friends,who are between 30-50 to check out the game,with little success,but I also tell teens and young adults about the game also. I think if one of us, were to make a live video,introducing and explaining WOL,post it on Facebook and You Tube,that might draw some needed attention and bring in new players. Just an idea,thank you.

Last Edited : Thursday, 25 August 2011 - 00:48

harleyxcty
Joined 17/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 25 August 2011 - 14:00

I have invited several new people and due to the problems and issues such as whining players they read about in the forums They both decided not to play. I didn't realize how though they were going to check out everything be4 they joined a game. Or I should say didn't join one.

Lons
Joined 24/01/2003

Posted : Monday, 3 October 2011 - 05:57

I'm a newbie...

Who wanna adopt me

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 3 October 2011 - 09:14

Lons
Well, depends on what you have to offer if I'll adopt you or not
Tip: I could use a new washing machine

Last Edited : Monday, 3 October 2011 - 09:15

Lons
Joined 24/01/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 5 October 2011 - 21:05

LOL...

I see a few oldies still around...
That be good..

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 16 November 2011 - 11:41

Well Lons,my clan has just added a few newbies and I need 2 more. I think a young clan,as far as experience,would be interesting to join. I'm looking for some new blood,so U might want to consider joining my clan. I could put all you newbies in a clan game and coach you'all along the way. I'd be your clan manager,coach and tutor. Message me for password.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 25 February 2012 - 19:25

We just have a very exclusive game. Only the true brains of the modern world understand the greatness of waronline.

New players, good luck!

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 28 February 2012 - 12:31

Anybody here less than 90 days,needs to join my clan,otherwise you are not going to get the true training,that you deserve,and you will not be motivated to log in on a regular basis. Join me or suffer.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 25 June 2015 - 19:50

I think the orphanage is full. We need some adoptions, pronto!

Back To General Chit Chat   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.147949 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap