HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 16:56  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : about ranges (closed)
laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 7 June 2011 - 05:03

I'm a bit dizzy, i think I lost track of changes in this game,
I thought that ballis and cats do have 1/2 damage penalty when moving, is this still in place?
also do ballis and cats can climb into a tower?

how is fight cats vs ballis?

ps. searching the forum does not work

Last Edited : Wednesday, 8 June 2011 - 15:08

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 7 June 2011 - 09:57

I think the 1/2 damage is gone, not sure.

No siege weapons can move into towers, but ballistas can.

Ballistas do fair damage against cats, cats do little or none (not sure) against ballis.

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 7 June 2011 - 15:49

in this case marks are again useless, and ballis rule over mele too, again this game is unbalanced.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 8 June 2011 - 08:46

Ballistas move slower than dirt, are almost as expensive as marksmen, and do less damage the farther away they are.

Marksmen are fast and do full damage regardless of range.

For defense, balis make sense. Any kind of offense, I'd choose marks.

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 8 June 2011 - 15:06

- the distance conpensates with the stack bonus, in fact stack bonus is greater than the distance penalty (9 vs 7)

- as for atacking, marks move + range is 7+6=13 ~ as for ballis 5+8=13, in a camp if you want them to attack then you build a barrack closer to the battle area.
- in a direct combat ballis will always win because of longer range( no retaliation)
- tested, ballis do an average of 80-90% of marks damage. and they cost only 60%(not including the barrack upgrade)

so all these being said, I don't think there is any reason to build marks.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 8 June 2011 - 15:17

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 8 June 2011 - 17:49

The game is and almost always has been unbalanced in some way or other and Requiem kept searching for answers to satisfy himself and the players' demands.

I am the only Administrator besides Req. I have the ability (through an admin webpage that allows changes to the game) to change the statistics of the troops. I haven't ever changed any of them, of course. However, I am open to reading opinions about what various troops' stats might be changed to, and why it is necessary.

I'd also want to know how the forum would go about structuring any possible changes. In other words, how would we decide on how to change the stats?

(@laur: ballis are not always out of marks range, so they can lose to retaliation at times.)
(@laur: do you think ballis should be weaker, or more expensive, or both? Or should both marks and ballis be changed somehow?)

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Thursday, 9 June 2011 - 04:01

we've all already wrote tones of words about that 2 years ago, and what req implemented at that time was prety balanced. don't understand why he changed ballis abilities again...

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap