HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 09:40  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : market place .
sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Sunday, 1 May 2011 - 16:27

i wouldnt mind seeing the wood , metal , and gems back in the market place for trading, back when you needed these resources to be able to deploy different armys onto the field . it would make the resource buildings more important to hold onto then how it currently is at the moment .

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 2 May 2011 - 03:32

Seconded. Tribute took an important element of the game and threw it away.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 2 May 2011 - 05:53

Enough people wasn't using the market place,to make it effective,in the old version of the game. I doubt that it will ever be put back in place. Sorry.

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Monday, 2 May 2011 - 08:25

Hi doodoomite , your most probably right , i myself would always use the market place so i was one of those players that did :} ( smiles ) . im just thinking that if the prices of the armys were lowered slightly and then the resources were attributed to the armys to be able to deploy them then that would make the resource buildings more of an asset to fight for along with the goldmines in which we currently fight over now . if someone attempts to take one of your resource buildings then you would more then likey be left no alternative but to confront that player over it because of the importance and significance of that particular resource that in return i think in my opinion would slow down castle takeovers because we would have to also make sure our buildings are secure before just rushing to another players castle knowing all we need to do is take or destroy his goldmines and send catapults down to take out his barracks , it would add alot more value to the market place . as it stands now all we get from it is the government and empire tech . i believe it would add alot more thought in strategy planning along with alot more fun and enjoyment along with stress lol in holding the resource buildings :} .

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 2 May 2011 - 15:52

I don't care about the marketplace as much as I miss the role that different kind of resources played. I liked the complexity of strategies like "damn, he's producing balistas way too fast and I can't keep up...but if I take out all of his woodmills, he won't have the wood to build them."

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Monday, 2 May 2011 - 16:16

Hi sage , yes i understand exactly what you mean concerning the woodmills and balistas for an example. That same example your using goes across the board from if i can remember rightly from the advanced troops to the master troops as all needed a certain amount of resources to be able to deploy on to the field . This is where i find the market place crucial in the respects of using your balista woodmill example, thats if i had no wood to deploy my balistas i could trade off my gems metal for the gold to be able to buy the wood to deploy the balistas , thats if i had enough gems and metal to trade to begin with . :}

Last Edited : Monday, 2 May 2011 - 16:19

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 3 May 2011 - 10:13

Good arguement Marc,but I think Req has put all his available time and effort to develope WOK. And I hope he puts out a good version of that one. Otherwise,it will be marred like WOL. I do wish he would tweek WOL a bit,to bring back some of the old players.

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 3 May 2011 - 11:53

yeah thats the case , be good to see a tweak here and their but oh well :}

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap