HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 11:54  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Just a Question about Game Time (closed)
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 14:18

As you all can see, the actual time now is Monday April 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM,
yet my defend message from a resent attack says that it's Tuesday April 12, 2011 at 03:02.

However, I know that it is turn 30 and my opponent had a right to attack, although I did have a thought of on or after turn 30 which was clarified by rereading the original challenge.

Anyway, it just struck me because I mailed my tax return papers and while at my brother's place of business asked him the date which again is 4/11/11;
So is that defend message dated 4/12/11 because of Australia time or something?

In other words if there were an argument as to *on or after turn 30*, it certainly appears that the attacks were made after turn 30 according to the dates of the attacks.

Again, there is no problem with the attacks having been made when they were,
my question is just why are the dates of the attacks showing as if they were made tomorrow.

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 14:20

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 16:57

I guess the game is played on a server located in Australia

Hwatta
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 20:01

The defend message also tells you exactly what turn the attack took place. The categories in the Defend History are Game, Turn, From, and Most Recent. Just seeing if the defend message is labeled turn 30 will settle any question.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 21:43

Actually Hwatta,
as far as I'm able to determine, there's no mention of the turn in the defend message in that 2005 game;
but thanks for your answer in the shout box, it sounded acceptable to me, (i.e. all conditions need to be outlined or else only an actual attack before the agreed war start turn would be considered a breach of honor).

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 21:55

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 22:08

Attack History Message List
Delete Game Turn From Most Recent
Slow 1 30 TaurusRex 4/12/2011 3:02:27 AM

TaurusRex View Messages
Sent : Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 23:01
Slow 1 Hello TR,
I wanted to speak with you concerning the 'classic' game. I know you're attempting to get Crazy's castle while possible...and you know that I intend to invade the swamp area...so...let's consider that a state of war will exist between us after the start of turn 30.
That doesn't necessarily mean I or you will attack at that time, but we can expect that possibility.
Best wishes for a good entertaining fight.
regards,
sugar

Yep, the turn doesn't show in the 'opened' msg....only in the unopened list of messages. (EDIT): See above Slow 1>30 (turn)

The times/dates are indeed off, you'll recall TR that I gave you a three turn notice (the war declaration notice msg date and the attack date will show three days difference..thus, the three turns).
Just happened that I attacked at about the 2 1/2 minute mark into the turn and was actually expecting you to attack as well since we were both in the game.
Now I know you haven't accused me of doing anything wrong, but I thought the original declaration of war msg and attack message would be good 'posted for review' so there wasn't any question about me attacking early.
If I remember correctly, the turn clicked @ 12 noon EST (US) even though the msg shows 3am and of course one day in advance of our 'current' date of 4/11.

Last Edited : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 22:11

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 22:16

Okay yes, my mistake, (went blind on the unopenned message).

rex

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 22:21

No problem, man...I was looking for the turn in the 'opened' message, but it just shows date and time.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 22:36

PS:
Sugar, Yes NP with your attack, but Hwatta also gave me a satisfactory answer in the shout box about basicly the necessity to add conditions to a war declaration if they may be desired
and again, I've got no problem with your attack on *turn 30*, but the close proximity of that gempond to your last position in Henry IX's old territory
and it's distant proximity to both Crazy Li's castle and my castle may make a condition in an arranged war desireable imho that crossing of borders before arranged war turn be at least considered an act of war, (i.e. not that it's necessarily a breach of honor, but imo it should be considered just cause for war).

Of course I didn't see your troops ready and waiting to take that gempond 3 hours after your openning attack, but next time I'll leave a scout
and please don't mistake this as questioning your justifiable start of war with me on Turn 30 because I'm just stating a condition of war I'd want with you for next time.

rex

Last Edited : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 22:44

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 11 April 2011 - 23:36

Waronline is using a server in Colorado, on Rocky Mountain time.

I think the Classic game is on screwed-up time, I'll have to investigate, but that's what I remember.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 12 April 2011 - 07:45

Absolutely, that's exactly why I include the border details in ALL my naps and agreements.

More importantly, I will ALWAYS have border patrols (small units) at ALL gaps or positions of entry into what I consider 'my' area (ask Mog...as he had a small unit 'explore' the previous border I shared with Coop (before he went inactive), including Henry's home area, border guards were in place, even BEFORE I had defeated Henry).
Not to accuse anyone in this game, but I've seen too many players (in the past) that attempted to take advantage and start moving in troops while two players were still fighting at the castle.
Harold has taken Coop's previous home area and I have eliminated Henry, and at each gap in the mountains or trees...I've got 5 pops or battle leftovers (small pops) standing guard.
Not only do those units provide me advance warning of any forces moving my way, utilizing ZOC, they will slow down any unit trying to sneak into my area or will require an attack (again advance warning) of someone wishing to move in without prior declaration of war.
IMO, it's reckless to not take this precaution. I consider this a necessary tactic, even though, it can be costly, requiring the building of extra Military Academies (to allow for the extra units needed)...taking gold and resources away from troop deployment and/or development. But the benefit is that I will NEVER be blindsided again. Call me overly cautious, but even IF I have a nap with someone....border patrols will still be in place....what's the famous partial phrase?...."Trust but Verify".

Now, TR, to our experience....you allowed me to move up to the border gap near the quarry with comms less than a full move away to takeover...and as to the gempond, no, I didn't have comms two spaces away waiting for the turn, to take it over.
The comm was 2 spaces inside the gap (for over a turn) accumulating full movement (with the terrain tech) and still came up short by 2 spaces when I moved at the start of turn 30...I had to wait the additional hourly tics to move into position and take over. I was on 'pins and needles' expecting your guards to show up at anytime.

Having experienced the same (in the past), has reinforced my practice of never....ever....leaving any point of entry or border unguarded, no matter the distance from my home castle.....especially when something as valuable as a gempond is involved.

Conditions may be added to any declaration of war or agreement, the more detailed, IMO, the better....but no matter what agreement I have with another, my borders will remain guarded at all times. If or when, we ever have the experience of being foes again, I'm sure we'll define borders and we'll both have border guards slinging insults at each other, face to face, over the line.

EDIT: forgive the long post...'mostly' related to the topic, better suited for Strategy, I guess...

Last Edited : Tuesday, 12 April 2011 - 07:54

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 23 April 2011 - 16:56

Is it my imagination or have both the PG and the 2005 version stopped incrementing everything from troop production and income to movement?

PS:
Nope
doesn't seem to be my imagination.
PPS:
Okay,
up and running again.

rex

Last Edited : Sunday, 24 April 2011 - 00:17

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap