HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 02:03  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Calling a hardcore playerspl
josephgagne1
Joined 5/10/2010

Posted : Wednesday, 8 December 2010 - 10:08

Ok so my lvl doesn't say it cause i lost my other account rating from inactivity but anyway I used to play this game a lot. Everyone complains about no games to play so lets do somthing about it...lets start a campaign to get people playing waronline...everone send links from your facebook, myspace, twitter, and to everyone (who could be conceivably interested) in your email. It says we have 67 active players if every one of us can get 3 people to join we will have 225 or more...then the cycle will perpetuate itself and the new players will invite more people...Its up to each of us to do our part refering others...lets give it a try! I know we can bring this game back from the brink.

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Thursday, 9 December 2010 - 15:53

I like your idea. It would also be benificial to vote everyday on the game lists. The traffic that those generate will get players also. I'm down, sending some links to people now.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 9 December 2010 - 17:27

Sorry to say, but I have had many people join the game while I have been here but none have stuck around. Only wierdos stick around here. Join the club!

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Thursday, 9 December 2010 - 19:03

There is a page on fb already but not much happens there either lol

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Friday, 10 December 2010 - 08:44

So I guess the question is, how do we get more players and retain them?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 10 December 2010 - 14:39

I always like to use Mogtreats© to lure new players but since they are poisonous it defeats the purpose.

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Friday, 10 December 2010 - 15:06

I remember eating one of those. Before I ate it my name was just head.

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Friday, 10 December 2010 - 17:25

www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=18391908327

Just incase your looking for the wol group on FB

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Sunday, 12 December 2010 - 21:06

I don't know if anyone has noticed but we have a few new players. Keep the word going. If we can get a few every week we will be on the right track. We have to have some retention though. I'm guessing Req has been gone for eons right? Mog do you have the ability to update anything?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 13 December 2010 - 02:04

What did you have in mind?

I have limited powers. I have already updated pretty much all I have access to. Anything that is database driven is off limits to me. For instance, I can add new maps, but not new terrains for the maps. I can change pages that are just straight html type pages, like tutorials and most of the online manuals.

I could also change troops' statistics, but, hell no. I can change a player's name but I can't delete a thread in the forum. I can make a thread sticky, however.

We half men-half dog beings are wondrous, but not omnipotent.

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Monday, 13 December 2010 - 14:36

Theres a lot that needs updating. The instructions for one. They are so outdated they look like the same ones I read 6 years ago. The second thing would be to get rid of unnecessary techs. I would love to have more playable classes also, but that takes a tremendous amount of work huh?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 13 December 2010 - 15:52

Which instructions in particular? I updated the manual...

I can't get rid of the techs, Req has to do that, or I would have done it, believe me! We have asked, he hasn't listened, so keep waiting.

More classes isn't gonna happen in waronline, but if WOK ever happens, there will be a number ofnew kinds of troops and techs. Keep waiting!

Deadhead
Joined 3/04/2002

Posted : Monday, 13 December 2010 - 17:23

What is WOK? It it a sequil? Does anyone have any screen shots?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 13 December 2010 - 21:46

WOK is War of Kings, the "sequel" to this game. Requiem has been working on it off and on for years. Many major issues have yet to be resolved, in my opinion. He tries out a lot of ideas, it seems.

I have seen various screenshots showing a different map system and different troop styles. I'll see if I can find and share those. What I have seen has been rudimentary screenshots and unless Requiem is there asking about what you think, not unusually exciting shots in and of themselves.

Now, hold your breath until you turn blue and die waiting.

hitmewithit
Joined 2/09/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 14 December 2010 - 15:41

to get back on subject of joseph ,
i do try to get people interested whenever i can ,
i have a link on facebook (with my praise) and i used to
tell my tribe mates in 'tribalwars.net' ( i even bumped into corpus in one world ,but thats another story)
people seemed to suggest it sounded rubbish ,
i work with someone who is a warcraft fan ,after my recomendation he tried joining this game but he was told he was told he must be a bot as he didn't get passed the registration .. this could well be his error.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.158203 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap