HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.2 MAY 2024 17:38  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Why can't i transfer troops? (closed)
insinerate
Joined 26/04/2010

Posted : Monday, 11 October 2010 - 18:29

So I have three stacks of archers on a fresh turn, they are all level one and next to each other with 100% movement available. I click on them and get the transfer troop option and click on it and nothing happens.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 11 October 2010 - 20:34

Sorry, that feature was dropped some time ago. In any case, you couldn't have a stack of more than 10.

All stacks in the game are 10 or less now.

insinerate
Joined 26/04/2010

Posted : Tuesday, 12 October 2010 - 06:24

There seem to be a lot of techs that don't matter.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 12 October 2010 - 19:26

Yes, there are. It is due to a number of changes Requiem made a couple of years ago, many techs were made invalid. He didn't update all the pages of info that has affected.

I have tried to update the manual where I could, Req allowed me access to the pages that aren't updated by the database, which includes the Tech upgrade page and others. Ask vets questions or post here to find out about stuff before you commit to big expenses.

In the old days troops were allowed nearly unlimited stack size (it topped out at 999) so you would leave troops sitting on barracks until they were the size you wanted. Then, you could also transfer troops from stack to stack with the appropriate techs. When the stacks were standardized at 10 this option no longer was applicable.

Seeing a stack of 100 heavy cav coming at you was kind of horrifying! Also, stacks of 1 were permitted, so scouts were cheap and dispensable. It was a whole different game.

For the last few years Requiem has had a family to take care of and hasn't put as much time into the game, so it has some loose ends.

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap