HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 22:41  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Waronline against newbies?
Xeinar
Joined 29/07/2003

Posted : Sunday, 19 September 2010 - 02:50

Hello everybody,

I'm back to Waronline.net after years of inactivity. I remember battles and campaigns in 2003, I really enjoyed the game and its diplomacy and strategy. Now I'm back. I saw that my campaign stats are now set to zero, and this is fair: it is so long I miss from this game! So, I tried to join a campaign already created. It is now something like a week that the only two campaigns allowed to new players aren't starting. People seem to join and leave, and the games are always pending.

I remember the game, it was very good, but this restrictive system prevents new people to play. I wonder how many lost the hope and gave up. Why not let campaign for newbies start even with players missing or allow newbies to join all the other campaigns? Being crushed by experienced people is by far better than not being able to play at all.

PS If I'm missing something please forgive me - and tell me what I'm doing wrong... I really want to fight! :-)

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 19 September 2010 - 05:27

Normally a system game starts every 2-3 days, must be having a slow week this week give it a little time, they will fill up

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 19 September 2010 - 16:42

You could join a Proving Grounds game to get in practice while you wait for a regular campaign to start. They do take a long time, but that has to do mostly with how few people are active here. Glad you're back, stick around, you'll eventually have some fun, plus, that would be one more player here to fill up games quicker!

Xeinar
Joined 29/07/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 21 September 2010 - 10:44

I will go for a proving ground game for now... but still the real games have to start. I guess that this style will create a big step for new players. If I weren't somehow experienced of the game already, I would have gave up days ago.

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 21 September 2010 - 12:09

This is what I think as well, All the games need to start faster or the new players will not stick around

Xeinar
Joined 29/07/2003

Posted : Friday, 24 September 2010 - 01:55

Just to give an update.. for new players games still have to start, meaning that in more than 10 days no new game started. It is not good to help new players to get in the game :-(

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap