HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 01:45  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Waronline on Facebook?
CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 10 August 2010 - 16:56

Granted it's been a very long time, but I do keep glancing this way to make sure the game is ticking over even if I can't really currently play it (time constraints and flawed sleep ). The user numbers are getting crazy low although things have levelled off a bit and the site is just about doing ok.

I wondered where it was everyone got to, and assumed they'd either gone to Modern Warfare 2, Guitar Hero or The Sims. Numbers for the old web games are down all over the place.

A few months ago I got more-or-less forced onto Facebook. There was a serious chance at the time business might take me that way and apparently I live in the "Facebook capital of the UK" anyway. Turns out there is an entire FB games scene. Most of these "games" - and I use the term VERY loosely - are little more than the web games I played 10 years ago with slightly better graphics made in Flash. Wait - that's what WOL already -IS-...

Granted what I play on there is mostly light fluff, but there is basically no reason I can see that FB couldn't support a "WOL client". No need to change anything on this side of the fence, keep everything as it always is. I've seen one game with a forum link that takes you to a forum also holding MySpace users. Just take the flash side we've almost always had, re-shape the UI a bit and voila - WOL on your FB window that is 'served' back here. You'd be back where the market is again, and the new blood would come in. Not saying you'd get Farmville's 60M or w/e it is, but you're not going for a knockout share. Most WOL ever had was 1,000 I think, and most of these games have more than that.

It's probably not that simple but I thought it would be a crime if I did not at least suggest it. As far as I can see FB games are flash like WOL is, and served elsewhere with an active window in FB. The only part WOL is not doing already is poking some UI out into FB.

Try me. Shout me down. Or even better, take it up. I'll be watching as usual.

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Thursday, 12 August 2010 - 13:02

Dont forget to join WOL facebook group

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 23 August 2010 - 18:10

I'll test it out,because I have a link on my FB to WOL. I'll see if I can do it with Myspace also. But maybe these new outlets is what we need. Go for it.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 8 September 2010 - 20:48

Facebook,Myspace,Twitter,Yahoo,Google,Hotmail,it works. Tell Req.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.145996 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap