HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 00:57  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Good points
sorcier
Joined 15/07/2010

Posted : Saturday, 17 July 2010 - 02:37

If you want to get more players here are some good ideas :

1- improve graphics

2- try making the game into a flash one ( what I mean by that is making the moving units walk or run and also make them show there weapons when they fight). Little senarios like these make the game more injoyable.

3- Make annouces on Facebook ( I can help with that).

4- add more buildings and other options.

From what I think the more this game resembles "Age of empire" the more people will enjoy this gae. Of course it shouldnt be like "age of empire" but if it has the same quality of audio, graphics, etc... it will get a lot more players.

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Saturday, 17 July 2010 - 13:56

There is a page on Facebook , but there hasn't been an entry since October 2008 . Those guys thought the game was awesome. I wonder if they're still here ? Oh yeah , those entries were after the " good old days " ( supposedly ).

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Saturday, 17 July 2010 - 14:43

If I remember right , I found this site by clicking on an advertisment at Boardgame Geek . If I remember wrong , it's still a good place to troll for new players.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 17 July 2010 - 22:35

This game was first designed in 1999. It had much simpler graphics. Then the designer, Requiem, added a Flash-based map, making it the first online game to have a Flash map and movable pieces. It was designed with slow connection speeds in mind, and kept as small and simple to load as possible.

Over the years, of course, connection speeds have become far faster and hardly anybody takes land-line connection speeds into account when designing web content today.

This game itself will become unsupported when Requiem's next game, War of Kings (WOK) is released. However, he is spending his allotable time working on that, not this game.

The views above are good, sound ideas and some I think are really going to be addressed in the next game. The graphics won't be animated Flash, though, Requiem likes the feel of a boardgame. Loading times for browser based games are still a factor in what is presented to the public.

Another thing to take into account with the graphics is that they are fairly expensive to have an artist make specifically for any game. This is a one man operation, the game maker has a small budget for original art. Having Flash sequences created here would cost a small fortune. I'm speaking from an animator's point of view here, I have done it professionally. Requiem will be using images from a miniatures maker who has agreed to let him use their products on WOK. They look better than what is here currently, but they are still figures on a map.

So... honestly, the suggestion box here on Waronline might better be looked at as a suggestion box for WOK. Most real changes to this game system will be implemented there rather than here. What I'm getting at is, keep suggesting stuff, but be aware that major changes might only get used in WOK.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 18 July 2010 - 12:41

Understandable,but in the meantime,an army in this game(WOL)should be able to make 2 moves and still collect 2 piles of resources,that R next to each other,instead of waiting another turn. And it would be better if a turn included 2 movement moves & an attack move. It would open up the game a lot more,but if not for WOL at least for WOK.

Last Edited : Sunday, 18 July 2010 - 12:50

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Friday, 23 July 2010 - 14:55

Trotsky, could you post a link to the face book group please

Trotsky
Joined 13/07/2009

Posted : Saturday, 24 July 2010 - 03:13

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18391908327&ref=search

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Sunday, 25 July 2010 - 14:31

come on guys , join up

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.142822 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap