HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 21:15  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Team Game Maps
Ad Finitum
Joined 5/04/2010

Posted : Monday, 26 April 2010 - 04:02

There's been concerned raised about inequalities in starting positions in team games and their effect on balances. There's no doubt it's an issue, and while most if not all maps are balanced for free-for-all play, team games are still a problem.

Is there any way you could "fix" starting positions, so as to always get even starting positions for clan/RvB games?

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 26 April 2010 - 09:13

It would be cool if the two clans could take turns picking positions.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Friday, 21 May 2010 - 03:21

yea i like that idea to because im in 1 of these games and im on the red side and im surrounded by the blue team i will tell you's a lil bit about what happen at the start of this game. well goes abit like this i was getting attacked by 2 of the blue side but i was able 2 drive 1 back to his castle and i went for the other 1 because notice 1 of my allies were about 2 attack the i already drove back his castle so i thought that was sweet so i turned my attention to other guy now im about to smash through his walls and take over his castle lol not bad aye guys

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 21 May 2010 - 04:46

Lothar, your idea is great, I bet it could be accomplished here, too.

Calpurnius
Joined 13/05/2010

Posted : Friday, 21 May 2010 - 07:04

Create a map with a river through it, put each team on one side, place a bridge connecting opposing castles.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 21 May 2010 - 16:58

Then you'd get a static game, I'm afraid, players in the rear would be support and front line castles would be under siege at all times. The whole fight would involve bridges and towers full of ranged troops.

Having the players mixed makes for a more fluid game, I think, so having the castles chosen one at a time, while it might lead toward this static effect, would be less likely to always end with the map evenly divided.

As it stands, however, some players just have no chance from the start.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap