HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 00:30  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Tie (closed)
Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Friday, 9 April 2010 - 15:48

If a duel or battle ends in a draw I think the score that is given should be based off of how much the player would gain by winning minus how much from losing. Right now it seems to just give the amount for winning to both parties.

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Friday, 9 April 2010 - 15:53

I dont think you should be able to draw, There must be a variable to decide a winner in duels and battles somewhere...

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Sunday, 11 April 2010 - 23:56

WELL ACTUALLY I RECKON IT SHOULD BE BASE ON WHO HAS THE MOST EXP AND TRIBUTES POINTS.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 12 April 2010 - 00:50

A tie happens when both players have first in one of the two determining factors, those being Tribute points and Experience points from combat.

The issue here is that there would need to be a tie-breaker between the options. Should it be Tribute that tips the balance or Experience points?

That could be explored with a poll, so that's what I'm going to do. Go check out the Polls page and vote if you like.

(I made a poll, but hit return and it started with only two options, plus a misspelling! I can't edit polls, so I guess this one will have to do for now. Note to Requiem... put an ok step in the poll creation system, please.)

Last Edited : Monday, 12 April 2010 - 00:57

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 12 April 2010 - 21:44

Requiem apparently made a third poll choice, keep it as is, give both players a ton of points, neither of whom has actually won. I think that isn't a good idea, no ties should be allowed in my thinking. If they are allowed, don't give full winning points to both players, at best they should split the winnings, but personally, I think they should both get nothing since neither one of them actually dominated.

I opted for Experience winning since that takes fighting and this isn't MonopolyOnline.net.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 12 April 2010 - 23:10

you are correct mogwart, a tie should not give a win to both players. its an incomplete scoring system that is the cause.

i think ties are good, but i need to fix it so it gives the correct points for a tie.

Ad Finitum
Joined 5/04/2010

Posted : Tuesday, 13 April 2010 - 03:20

I suppose one could argue that you have a Combat score (experience) and a Territorial score (Tribute from buildings equals your control of those buildings). From that I guess you could say it's equal: this just to sort of counter Mog's point that Tribute score is less combat-oriented. I mean, if this applies only to duels, having more tribute means you've muscled the other player out of his tribute.

I like Req's way, less points is fine for a tie.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 14 April 2010 - 16:52

here here

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 14 April 2010 - 18:39

I fixed draws now anyway.

Two equally ranked players in a draw gain/lose no points.

However, drawing with a higher ranked player means the lower ranked player will gain a few points while the higher ranked player will lose a few points.

This is the same method used in Chess ranking systems.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.142944 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap