HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 20:30  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Finish and Perfect Waronline
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 18 March 2010 - 19:51

Dear Requiem,
I wish that you would fix all the remaining bugs on Waronline, update all the manuals and information onsite and then leave it alone and go to work intensively on War of Kings. Adding bits and pieces to this game is a mistake.

If this game is stable it attracts players. When it is a crapshoot, it loses them. Whatever the gameplay is at any given time (like right now, for instance) doesn't matter, as long as it is playable and doesn't break a lot... or hopefully ever.

[One bug that makes the game a mockery is the triple scoring for some campaigns. Why bother trying to get a high rank while watching some new player do reasonably well in a campaign and then be given triple points for it?]

Thank you,
Mog

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 01:03

this sounds like a petition and I definately want to sign my name to this.

Thank you,
No da vo

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 04:15

This almost sounds like a letter to Santa. Or maybe a sardonic summation of the rest of the forum entries!

I agree though. All the changes, the dumbing down, the difficuty for new players to learn/master the game, and the occasional bug (like ones that force me to skip a turn or the one where one unit NEVER gets to move, ever!) CHASE OFF players.

Some of us probably wont ever leave but I noticed there are only about 10 players who have been here longer than me who are still here today. Im pretty sure thats a bad thing since there were alot of people on here back when i joined and they arent here anymore.

bubba billy ray DoC
Joined 5/11/2006

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 08:50

I decided not to play again until the War of Kings is finished and working. This was because of all the changes and bugs. I will wait until WoK is ready.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 13:02

Mog you make some of the most compelling arguements I've ever heard uttered by dogman lips.

You don't disappoint here and I hope req can see the time you've put into thinking about this and am glad you posted this.

I agree on even note.

-Crimsondawn

Last Edited : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 13:05

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 19:17

Also Agreeing with Mog

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Friday, 19 March 2010 - 21:56

Mog rules!

he seriously takes the time to listen to everyone and all their input... you just don't come across folks like that every day... i agree with mog 100%... fix bugs and leave this game be... thanks for all you do mog...

i personally feel this games sudden and frequent changes has been the worst thing... many good folks have left or stopped playing due to changes that totally changed game play and strategies... i still loved the original game the best... back when resources had realistic value and i could deploy 400 pops of scouts!
change isn't always a good thing...

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 21 March 2010 - 19:13

Requiem answered this thread in an email to me. He'd like a list of the current bugs all in one place, so when he gets time to work on them (he is submerged in work and helping with the new baby right now) he can find them without searching every old bug thread.

So, in the spirit of teamwork, I ask any and all to help list what are the current and older unresolved bugs here. I'd like to include typographical errors as well as informational errors, like bad rules or help pages in the manual.

Please don't put them here. I'll make a sticky in the Bugs Forum to put them all in. Don't report new bugs there, just ones that you know are continuing sources of frustration.

There is already a Sticky there for typos, so continue to put them there, put actual game bugs that affect the gameplay in the other one, titled "List Of Bugs".

I'll keep an eye on the thread and try to keep it cleaned up and relevant. Posts that are off topic will be deleted. Use you spell-checkers, please!

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 22 March 2010 - 07:54

but...is this going to prevent him from working on WoK?

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Monday, 22 March 2010 - 10:05

who cares? I've been hearing about wok since around '03, I'd rather what we have fixed and playable.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 22 March 2010 - 10:22

1. Vote to end game doesn't work, link is inactive.
2. Blood spots do no disappear in duels, they are always at 5 turns.
3. Player bios can not be reached from their clan page. When a member is clicked it brings up an window with an error message in it.
4. Clan_3744 has not started and has been full for several days.

A few to get it kicked off.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 22 March 2010 - 17:10

Go ahead and move that stuff to the Bugs sticky, thanks.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 22 March 2010 - 18:51

yes sir, feel free to delete this and the former post if you so see fit.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 30 March 2010 - 18:32

i agree lol

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Saturday, 3 April 2010 - 11:52

Because of the time that Req has to spend with work and family,it might be a good idea, for him to enlist a few other long time players, who know programing and code, to help fix the bugs in the game.And to improve and install some new features. Players like Mog and LOD could help.He could give them the access codes or whatever's needed to get into the game,maybe giving each person certain areas to work on.I would gladly help,but I don't have enough programming skills.If I were him,I would take a chance and trust a few people with these tasks, otherwise it could take another year or two to fix this game,because we are losing players like crazy. Thank you.

Chamberlain
Joined 7/08/2004

Posted : Sunday, 25 April 2010 - 23:07

Simon said it all-nothing should have changed causing the majority of these bugs-right? Seemed bug free before to me at least, I know a great player "Doc" quit and I just about did but then realized WOL even with bugs is still the #1 site on the net in my book, but then again I have a PS2 and still find Allied Commander my favorite game so whats that tell ya? LOL
I felt WOL should have stayed the same with added features such as Commanders able to build moats, bridges and roads, etc.... and eliminate the view feature so you really can hide from examlpe: 2 opponets ganging up on you would give you a great advantage on their advances.
Cheers to WOL

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 26 April 2010 - 17:33

Well then again,I thought the game, was a lot better, a few years back,and without all the bugs.It would be best if Req returned back to the old game,it would bring back most of the old players.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 April 2010 - 01:02

I don't think the game has ever been completely bug free. It has reached various states where it is playable, then been changed. It's an evolutionary process for Req. Each major experiment has cost players, and to some degree just the passage of time has offered other ways to get the table top gaming experience online with game station platforms rivalling a simpler browser based game such as this.

As the game stands now, with a small number of major bugs and a few minor ones fixed and the manuals brought up to date, etc., the game could be left as a working game, perhaps not to everyone's satisfaction, but a working game that people could rely on to not change. That allows players to perfect the skills of the game and do well. It will never go back to a former state because those really don't edxist, it would have to be rebuilt to achieve that.

Better to have War Of Kings happen than Waronline never be finished.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Monday, 14 June 2010 - 01:03

Thank you for posting this Mog, I was about to do the same.

I've been playing this game off and on many times over the years, and have had a great time doing so, and would be happy to offer financial support in recognition of that (now that I'm well out of high school : p, when I first started playing). But when I come back after many months away, and still see buildings (i.e. marketplace), technologies, and instructions that correspond to non-existent items it really frustrates me. I've been playing a very long time, but even I have to start up a training game to find out which techs and buildings will actually do something if I build/research them before I can even begin to plan build orders (and actually play a game). For a completely new player, it's even worse: they may trust that when they're researching market techs it's actually doing them some good. How would you feel as a new player to sink money into buildings and techs only to later realize you might as well have melted the gold into pavement for your castle? And yes, oddly enough, we're still drawing in new players (which says a lot, considering the broken state of the game).

When it is (I assume) a simple matter of deleting these vestigial elements I can't understand the delay. Obviously, I understand the real life time constraints, but when changes are made that render these items non-functional why were they not simply deleted? The manual is one thing, even the in game text is one thing, but actual techs you can research and buildings you can build that do NOTHING are really not acceptable this long after the changes were made. It makes an already difficult game inaccessible for new players, and frustrates vets who just want to play something that works. The game's long term future aside, the functional issues like this really should be addressed for the benefit of those who have bothered to stick around (particularly those who have already paid money to be members of this game). I think people can forgive imperfection, but the game should at least be functional.

I hope to one day gladly fork over $150 and feel like I'm getting a bargain for my experience, but that day is not today. I'm fine waiting for that time to be a well-realized WOK, but I would hope that (in the meantime) I'll be able to enjoy a game that has brought me and many others a great deal of fond memories over the years.

Last Edited : Monday, 14 June 2010 - 01:28

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap