HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.28 APR 2024 05:51  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : The 3-4 person duel
Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Friday, 12 March 2010 - 14:16

Many who come on here are looking for a quick game or games. Battles and duel (to an extent) provide this but it would be interesting have multiple players in a duel at once.

I'd suggest that we added an activity monitor or time preference next to peoples' user names so that you can grab a game with people with similar schedules.

I get this idea from a game called conquer club with a similar set up for their games. Its a simple risk type game but it calls hundreds of individuals to its ranks... maybe this is partly why.

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Friday, 12 March 2010 - 18:36

Megiddo Crater

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Friday, 12 March 2010 - 19:27

I suggested the same thing Crimson. I did play a 4 player red vs blue on Megiddo crater which was pretty cool. It would be cool to play a 4 player duel though with everyone taking turns.

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Friday, 12 March 2010 - 20:58

conquer club! i love risk... i play at landgrab in realtime games... i used to play the board version with several friends... we've had three player games that literally lasted 12 plus hours... this is also a great game to get in fist fights with real friends and family!

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Friday, 12 March 2010 - 22:13

I once talked to req about 4 player duels, but he rejected the idea saying that it would pretty much be a campaign at that point and that people wouldn't want to play them since they would take so long in turn mode such as normal duels. That was about the time we got him to put in the 4 player maps though.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Saturday, 13 March 2010 - 00:29

I'd argue the opposite of req actually. I think it'd be much faster to have people playing together. It'd give more incentive to be on regularly or give you something to do (especially if your playing with friends and you can coordinate taking turns) when your just hanging around. If anyone is worried about it taking too long could just make it so it has a 24 hour turn guard, auto force turns after that time, or just have it be adjustable.. no turn guard, 6, 12,24, 36 hours.

As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with giving people more choice and I don't think It'd be too hard to make.

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Saturday, 13 March 2010 - 03:10

I've got 6 games going atm, 5 duels and a battle, only 1 of them is playing regularly, 3 of them I may get 2 or 3 turns out of my opps a week, and 2 of the games have stopped all together.

Without going into the forcing issues, which I think ruins the game, can you see the problems that can arise from 4 people taking turns? Better off I think if you made it a camp, it's the same game where everyone is out for themselves and is turn based, but no problems or getting upset. A player misses a turn only that player suffers.

If you want to play a 2 vs 2 you can do so either in clan or team mode.

However if a 4 man game catches on, and looking at the active players list atm of 84 it's not a bad idea, then maybe a variety of 4 player maps are in order. Get after those cartographers out there to get busy!

Last Edited : Saturday, 13 March 2010 - 03:18

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.167969 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap