HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.28 APR 2024 06:33  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Build'm up, Bring'm down
Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Sunday, 31 January 2010 - 22:29

You need a commandeer to construct things? So why not require one to deconstruct buildings?

SirTemplar
Joined 16/07/2009

Posted : Sunday, 31 January 2010 - 23:41

Ill take a stab at that one .
Its a lot easier to destroy something than what it is to build something.
Its a no brainer to destroy things.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 1 February 2010 - 00:07

Do you think it would add something to the game to have that changed or is it just a possibility, therefore worth mentioning?

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 1 February 2010 - 09:48

definitely would effect how people use their commandeers and where they place their buildings. But as for enhancing the game I can't really say, mostly it doesn't seem plausible that a king waves his hand and a building magically falls apart.

Assuming that the goal is to recover as many resources as you could from the building wouldn't it make sense you'd want to take care in its dismantling rather than just kicking the thing over and looking for what didn't break? Someone what say, built it might know how to do that effectively.

You could make it so that there is a bonus in recovery if a commandeer performs the deconstruction.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Monday, 1 February 2010 - 15:38

I already suggested that you should have to expend effort to retrieve the resources from a destroyed/demolished building:

waronline.net/forums/posts.asp?m=15381

But I agree with Sir Templar - it should be relatively easy to destroy your own building compared to building it, provided you don't want to retrieve the resources.

Picking through the rubble for the good bricks and intact joists should take some time and effort.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 1 February 2010 - 18:57

I very much Like Hambone's approach, seems well thought out and could change things up a bit... why is there rubble when u destroy a resource pile anyways? wouldn't you be grabbing the raw resources not breaking it to peices and leaving it on the ground?

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 2 February 2010 - 01:50

Yeah the main improvement my suggestion would bring is:
When you realise you are about to lose a castle, you destroy every building not within 5 hexes of an enemy unit in order to salvage some of the cost.

With my suggestion, you would have to hang around to retrieve the value - not likely if you are under attack. You can still raze it to the ground, but at least the successful attacker can salvage some value from the rubble (assuming they commit some units to picking it up)

StCrispin
Joined 26/06/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 3 March 2010 - 19:04

didnt removing a building giv us back resources back when resources had a purpose? It might be nice if, now that resources only count for tribute points (sigh), we got a little tribute for tearing it down. or old, since that not used for score. I suppose if we got tribute then people would tear stuff down just for points instead of for their war effort.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Thursday, 4 March 2010 - 01:33

we already get gold for tearing stuff down.
This thread suggests that to collect the gold, we should have to harvest the rubble:
waronline.net/forums/posts.asp?m=15381

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.169922 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap