HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.28 APR 2024 09:22  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : update teh HELP FILES..... (closed)
Soljah
Joined 7/01/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 12 January 2010 - 22:13

I know i havent been around, but i was going to jump back in and enough has changed to make things very difficult, i know WoK is more imporant than this, and real life more important than that, but i feel like im new, and if new players cant have a help file to help them, chances are they arent going to stay around.

edit: ewwww type teh = the

Last Edited : Tuesday, 12 January 2010 - 22:14

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 01:56

it works for me

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 12:04

I have found the game hard to adjust to as well and I stayed around and watched it happen, I put it down to my boozed up old brain though lol(damn those very drinkable Austalian red wines ) lol

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 12:33

I would agree the online manual is very confusing since it wasn't updated with the game. I've also asked for old posts in the forums to be cleaned which can be confusing as well.

Soljah
Joined 7/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 13:14

i wouldnt mind doing it myself, but im not a mod and to be honest there is alot i dont know about the game again.

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 13:31

ic you mean the values on the manual need updating? I thought you meant it didn't work at all.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 20:00

There are small and large errors scattered throughout the game. I could start a sticky thread and have folks indicate places where the info needs updating... what do you think, gang?

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 20:07

Thumbs up from me

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 13 January 2010 - 20:22

Well do you think Req is ever going to update the online manual since he's working on WoK? I would say it may be more important to clean out the forums and start a new getting started thread with basics of the game.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 14 January 2010 - 00:07

OK, that makes sense since it is something we don't need Requiem's help to do. We can comb the forums for old, inaccurate information and close or delete it. Let's get rid of this one first, I can't take the "teh" for an extended period of time.

I'll start a sticky titled "Getting started at Waronline" in the General forum since that is one you might expect a new player to look at. We can easily direct new players to it.

Princess and I can moderate the resulting group project by consolidating new posts into one main topic-starting post by copying and pasting then deleting the original offering posts. That way the information will stay in one post, then the next post after the first one fills up and so on. Otherwise I fear we would end up with a mish-mash of posts that would be too hard to read through.

I'll frame the first post for a start so we can discuss and improve how it reads. As we go on, discussion posts can be deleted and we will end up with a single continuous set of posts that help the new player figure this crazy game out!

I also think that if we presented Req with a list of errors, deletable information and so on, that he could reasonably quickly correct the worst examples and stop truly misleading stuff from existing throughout the game.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap