HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 10:36  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Bug Reports
AuthorTopic : Virus
Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 11 January 2010 - 10:13

There does appear to be a malware virus trying to load on my computer when playing with ads. Ads are inconvenient, but malware is very much not cool. I would imagine any new players getting this fake virus scan software popup would find it objectionable and never return to the site. It seems to popup when you’re in the game window. Whatever ad this is coming through should be removed asap!

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 19 January 2010 - 18:50

are you talking about the ad that says your computer is infected? cuz i agree...its a scam that makes several windows pop up...some showing you have corrupt files in your drives etc... if you get this...just close the windows... they try to make it appear as if your own system has detected problems...the *******s who create this kind of ad need to be shot...

hotstuff123
Joined 5/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 19 January 2010 - 19:56

I was about to write it on the forums til i seen this.. Your not the only one that have that, my norton says that this site is unsafe and there are new ways of stopping them, for people who have their own sites.. dont ask me how or wat to do ive just skim read it..

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 19 January 2010 - 20:38

its the ad company that controls what is advertised... its just so misleading it seems crazy they would allow it... the chic duct taped in the lower corner of page tends to make ya wonder too... like wtfudge is that!

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 19 January 2010 - 20:44

it does look very inappropriate doesn't it, and when I clicked on it I was greatly disappointed with what come up, not what I thought it was going to be!

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 19 January 2010 - 20:45

Well, the only time I have any issue is if I don't vote for the daily membership, which is usually the first thing I do when I log in. There has been a couple of times I tryed to play without voting, which was brutal. I'm most concerned about new players being turned away by virus scare.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 19 January 2010 - 23:55

4th time its happened to me so far, really annoying and otta be taken care of asap I totally agree with lothar.

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 20 January 2010 - 09:54

it would require changing ad companies...i doubt that will happen...
although google ads probably pays better and would never allow such an ad...duct tape girl wouldn't be allowed either...which to me is kind of border line material for a place that allows minors...but thats just my opinion... when my wife asked why there is a pic of a chic with duct tape over her mouth on the page...i said...i don't know...just a sleazy ad honey!

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 20 January 2010 - 11:37

ya i've wondered about that chick... what is that supposed to mean anyways it doesn't seem like an effective add, she could be selling cotton balls for all I know...

Last Edited : Wednesday, 20 January 2010 - 11:38

Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap