HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 15:44  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 1 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Why so hard to get a battle these days?
No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Monday, 11 January 2010 - 01:44

I think it's the 10 min force turn thing that turns most people off, how often in the day does anyone get to play out a full game without a break? Well I think the intention was to keep some from wasting your time with silly antics, but the default can be changed.

The time limit can be set to 720 mins like a duel. The pw can be utilized to keep out undesirables, or if you just want to be selective. Turns can still be passed back and forth quickly when both parties manage to be on at the same time for a spell. Hopefully everyone is able to play a broader range of people this way.

Look for my battles and join, all my games will be listed this way and maybe more will be encouraged to play more battles.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 11 January 2010 - 04:37

It used to be that people would play fast turn battles. It was expected to start and finish the battle in less than two hours.

Now, if you want to lengthen the turns, that's fine. Or, you could just specify "no forced turns" and hope you know the other player well enough to trust them to not beat you up while you aren't there.

A good small battle usually can be played in 1 to 1.5 hours. That isn't very long to be online.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 11 January 2010 - 06:47

I never did think about changing the time. I typically like to play a battle from start to finish, but sometimes something comes up and can't finish until later in the day or the next day even. As long as I'm playing with someone I know this might be good. I hate getting stuck in a battle with a new player that bails too.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap